4

Athena Elle Carter

I held my box. The box they gave you when you were leaving, I had packed all my stuff and walked over to Sams office knocking. He yells for me to walk in so I do with my head held high.

"Here" I hand him my letter. "What for- oh right" he nods sadly.

"I Athena Elle Carter officially resign from Empire Zane. Effective immediately" I say.

"It was a pleasure having you Athena, your show is going to be iconic" he shakes my hand then gives me a nod. "Bye Sam, it was lovely working for you" I smile at him then leave his office.

My heels clicked against the hard floor an everyone watched me leave.

"Athena!" I get called and I stop turning around to see Elliot walking over to me. He gives me a very awkward hug due to the box I was holding then he looks at me with a smile.

"I want you to know that I loved working with you Athena, no one will replace you" he nods. "And erm- erm I'll miss you and even the annoying loud sound of your Porsche pulling up or your demand for fresh coffee. I'll miss you Athena, we all will. I'll see you at the show"

I swear I was crying now. "You'll still come see me right?" I ask. "Of course I will, I'm sure I'll see your name everywhere that fashion show is going to be amazing" he shoots me a wink then let's me go.

I walk past my office and Erica stops me. "You won't forget me right?" She asks. "How could I? You're my best friend" I chuckle sadly.

"I'm gonna miss your annoying Louboutin heels clicking and your stupid designer hand bags" she says whilst trying not to cry. "I'll send you one, whichever one you want as a thank you gift" I tell her.

She squeezes my arm. "I'll see you soon yeah"

"I'll see you soon Erica" I nod then walk away. I make it out the building and look up at it. The only job I ever had, ever enjoyed was taken from me.

The valet pulled up with my car and I tip a lot more since this will probably be the last time I'll park here. I get in my car making sure to rev the engine extra loud for Elliot then I drive off.

My heart was broken. I was truly invested in my job and it was now gone.

I pulled up to the nearest cafe and of course got weird stares. I was wearing a white blouse tucked in to a nude pencil skirt with nude heels  and my hair was done and makeup was minimal. I looked crazy to these people.

"One hot chocolate please" I ask. "Coming right up" the boy smiles at me then I stand to the side waiting. I get my cup then go sit down. I just look around the cafe and see the girl who took my job from me.

Of course Shawn was following her. They looked quite distant at the moment. The two sit down. I then do everything my body tells me not to do.

I grab my purse walking over to their table. "Are you happy now?" I spit. He face goes sour and she looks up at me. "Oh Athena right? How's the job?" She smirks.

Oh did she just? I take her bottled water opening it and I tip it over her stupidly shiny hair. "What the fuck?" She squeals. This was hilarious to me, she looked like an idiot and Shawn was just there watching.

"You're gonna wish you never did that!" She shoots. "And What are you going to do?" I pout at her mockingly. "Sue me?" I laugh then walk away.

I don't look back once, I just get in to my car and drive off to my apartment. I was feeling a little better now.

After a while I reached my building and went up to the top floor getting in the elevator.

"Hey carter!" Someone shouts stopping the elevator and getting in. "Hi Leon" I smile up at him.

"Here let me take this box" he takes the box off of me. "What's it for?" He asks.

"I had to resign" I tell him, I try so hard not to put a frown on my face or to even look remotely sad. "Holy shit but you're amazing at your job" he exclaims as we exist the elevator and he follows me to my door, he was my neighbour so he lived in the apartment next door to me.

"It's a long story" I shrug taking my keys out. "I have time" he smirks down at me.

He was always like this. Really flirty and helpful. He kinda helped me get over Shawn, he would always check up on me and sometimes even stay the night.

We've slept together only four times. My birthday, his birthday, when he came back from Europe and the last time was a few months ago.

"Come in then" I open the door and he follows me inside.