73

Athena Elle Carter

"Oh fuck" I groan. "Just wait babe, doctors are coming" Shawn kisses my forehead. I breathe in quick short breathes. "Wait? Yeah let me just shove him back up me" I grunt making his eyes widen. "Sorry-"

"Shawn?" I ask cutting him off. He hums looking down at me directly.

"I-I love you" I let out feeling that this was the perfect time to say it. To let him know.

His face lights up in an instant. "I love you more" he pecks my lips. "You can do this. I know you can, you're so fucking strong-"

"Babe not the time. Baby is ripping my body apart" I chuckle through the pain. "Right sorry" he shakes his head.

"Okay! Let's give birth!" My midwife and doctor walk in. "Shawn" I whimper taking hold of his hand. "I'm here" He coos.

I look up at ceiling clenching my eyes shut as pains shoot through my body but I try my hardest to remain calm as my midwife had taught me. "Big push momma" I'm told.

I groan loudly giving Shawn's hand a tight squeeze and I hear him wince. "Baby is definitely coming" I'm told.

"No shit" I answer back. "I can't believe you got me pregnant" I scream at Shawn. The poor boy looked so distraught.

"I'm sorry" he mumbles. I emit another scream as I clench my eyes shut. My breathing hard and fast. "Short breathes Athena, lets keep pushing. We see the head"

"Big pushes babe" Shawn encourages me but I was such a weird state of mind. "I'm fucking trying. You try pushing a baby out!" I say in anger as I tilt my head back completely, my vision blurring with tears.

I keep pushing, keep squeezing the life out of Shawn's hand, he keeps encouraging me.

"We see the head! Two big pushes!" I'm told.

"I am!" I shout back. Shawn quickly swaps his hand and I'm already squeezing it like no tomorrow.

I hear mumbling then finally feel a slight relief. A loud cry fills the room and my body goes weak as I fall back. "Dad?" Shawn gets called.

My eyes flutter and i see Shawn above me. "You did it"

I give him a weak smile then pucker my lips. He presses a sweet kiss to my lips then goes to the doctors to probably cut the cord. Then I finally feel my baby being placed on my chest.

Shawn moves back my sweaty hair and I glance down happily at the tiny human that was still crying.

"Hi hazey baby" I whisper. "We're going to clean him up" I'm told. I nod and he gets moved away.

My tears were completely uncontrollable. Shawn leans down wiping a few away as tears of his own ran down his rosy cheeks. "We have a baby" he whispers.

"Hell Yeah we do" I laugh wearily. "I love you Shawn, I mean it with my whole heart" I tell him. His lips form the most perfect smile "I love you even more" he plants a loving kiss on my cheek.
-

"He's stealing my thunder, it's my birthday" I tell Shawn as we watch his family and friends gather around him.

"You have my attention love" Shawn kisses my cheek. I smile up at him feeling endless amounts of love and happiness. "Will you get him?" I ask. He nods getting up weaving his way to Haze. He swoops him up like a natural in his large arms, rocking slightly as he brings over our son.

"Here"

I put my arms out taking the tiny human. "Hi baby" I whisper, too scared to talk at a normal level invade he got scared. He was absolutely gorgeous. His eyes; big and light brown, he had a head full of hair. His lips were pink and tiny, I couldn't wait to hear him giggle.

I bring him up and press a kiss to his forehead. "I love you" I whisper to him. He of course doesn't respond.

"Don't cry babe" Shawn wipes my cheek. I don't even realise that I'm crying, I'm just so overwhelmed with love.

"He's absolutely perfect" Karen grins walking over. "He is" Theo says.

I smile down at Haze, using my thumb to stroke over his smooth cheek.

"Are you going to call mum and dad?" Theo asks. "I don't know" I shrug. I was honestly not even concerned by them in this moment of time.

"I think you should" Shawn rubs my arm soothingly. "I'll do it tomorrow, I'm too tired right now" I say leaning back with Haze on my chest.

"Is everything ready at home?" Manny asks. I look up at Shawn and he nods. "Yep, nursery is all done" he answers. "Let me take him" Shawn says.

I put Haze in his arms and the quiet baby settles in his arms. Shawn gets up and I watch as he looks down lovingly at our son.

"I love you hazey" Shawn coos making my lips form a smile. The sight was so precious, so wholesome.

"Have you tried feeding him yet?" The nurse asks who had walked in with some water. "No, should I?" I ask her. "Definitely" she nods.

"We'll give you guys some privacy" Karen gets up and everyone follows her out. Shawn sits beside me and I take Haze. Okay now this was going to be awkward, Shawn had to watch me breast feed and he had not seen me like this in a long time. I'm definitely not uncomfortable, I'm just a little conscious I guess.

"You want me to go?" Shawn asks. The nurse gives us a weird look but what does she know about us?

"Stay, if you want" I tell him sitting up. He nods moving an arm around me. I slowly lift the gown keeping my eyes down at Haze, keeping my focus on him rather than the fact Shawn was right beside me.

It took Haze a second to latch on and when he did it was a weird feeling to say the least.

"You okay?" Shawn asks me, his hand rubbing my back. "Yeah, it's just weird" I chuckle lightly seeing how relaxed Haze looked. I prayed he'd be a calm baby and he was proving to be so far.

"You'll get used to it babe" Shawn presses a kiss to my shoulder. I look back at him grinning from ear to ear. "I can't wait to take him home"

"Me too. I feel so lucky right now" he leans towards me. I meet him half way pressing a kiss to his lips. "I'm scared" I admit pulling back.

"Me too but I know you're going to be the best mother ever" he says making my stomach flip. I'm a mother now, to a beautiful little boy.

"And you're going to be the best dad"