49

"Here darling" mum hands me a cup of tea. "Thanks" I give her a small smile as she sits beside Sam, opposite me.

"So how's the fiancé?" Mum asks giddily. "Good... erm my fashion line is doing amazing right now" I try to change the subject but sam shoots me a look when his eyes glance down at my left hand.

"Athena?" He asks. I hum a yes putting the cup down and I put my hands on my lap. "Where's the ring?" He asks gently.

"Oh I was just showering so I took it off and I probably just forgot to put it back on, I know I'm so stupid" I fake laugh a little but he didn't look amused. "You gave it back, didn't you?" He asks.

"Sam! Don't be silly! You should be happy for your sister, I always knew Shawn was the one for you" my mothers words sent daggers to my heart. I gulp looking away. I thought the same too, I thought he was my person.

"Mum, shes not engaged" Sam sighs. He comes over sitting next to me pulling me into a hug. "Athena" Mum sighs, the realisation hit her slowly. "Baby What happened?" She asks. I pull back from sam wiping my eyes.

"Nothing" I mumble. I felt so defeated and weak, Shawn had won. He has completely taken over my life and right now I regret giving him a second chance.

"Athena Elle, you tell me what happened right now or I will tell your father" Mum says harshly. "Momma don't" I shake my head.

"What did he do Athena? Fucking tell me" Sam raises his voice a little making me jump. However I stay quite. "Dammit Athena, we all supported you when you went back to him and look at you! You look like you haven't slept in days and you've just been crying. Tell me what he did or I'll find out myself" Sam shouts at me making my heart break.

I look over at my mum wanting her to help me but she doesn't. "Did he break it off?" Mum asks.

I shake my head no. "We're Fine Mum, I promise" my voice breaks. "I'm okay I swear" I nod.

"Bullshit Athena! I will call him right now" Sam gets up pacing back and forth. "Tell me the truth right now Athena" Mum warns me.

"I'm pregnant" I whisper and it fell silent. "With him?" Sam asks in disgust. I nod looking down at my hands in shame. "And you're not engaged are you?" Mum asks.

I shake my head no. "It- it was fake and-and I didn't know" I say. "You were with him yesterday Athena" Sam sighs.

I've never felt like this, this feeling was worse than anything I've ever felt.

"He needs me. I need to stay with him but-"

"What the fuck" Sam mumbles cutting me off. "He faked a proposal without you knowing, he got you pregnant and now you need to stay with him because he needs you? Are you deluded!" Sam shouts. "Fucking look at me Athena!"

I look at mum wanting her to tell him to stop but she doesn't. She just looks at me with shame.

"Mum-"

"I didn't raise you to fall at a mans feet Athena. You're stronger than this and you're letting that man ruin you. He's bad for you" Mum says, her tone was quiet and it scared me. Like she wasn't angry, she was just ashamed.

"And now you're pregnant? Is he forcing you to keep it for his career?" Mum asks.

"Mum I want this baby-"

"Like hell you do" Sam scoffs. "Sam please-"

"I'm not stopping Athena. You're a fool for wanting to be with him!" He shouts.

"He needs me" I mumbles.

"And what do you need? Has he ever considered what you need? Athena you spent so long crying over him, don't you think you deserve someone who cares for you?" Sam asks. "You clearly have no self pride" he spits.

I had no words left to say.

"I'm disappointed in you Athena" Mum says getting up. "Mum-"

"No don't talk to me. You're going against everything your father and I taught you. You're so weak and immature. I- I hardly know you" Mum then walks out and this feeling was the worse thing I've felt.

"Just get out" Sam spits as he walks away leaving me alone.

I take a few seconds just to process what had happened.

"Miss Athena, can I get you anything to drink?" Someone asks. I shake my head no getting in the lift quickly. I felt so empty. I wasn't even crying anymore, just staring blankly at nothing.

The elevator stopped and I walked out into the cold of New York and I walked around aimlessly then I finally stopped and pulled out my phone.

"Can you please come get me?" I ask.