32

Athena Elle Carter

"Don't be nervous love" Shawn squeezes my hand leading me up to the doorstep of his parents place. We went straight from the airport to a near by hotel as he claimed he was getting his condo cleaned ready for our stay.

"I am nervous. I haven't seen them in years" I chuckle. "I'm sure they'll still love you" he quickly pecks my cheek then the door opens revealing a very happy Karen.

"Athena!" She exclaims. I let go off Shawn's hand as she pulls me into a warm hug. "Hi Karen" I chuckle. She squeezes me tightly then let's go holding my hand. "My god you're so beautiful"

"So are you, I love your nails" I tell her. "Come on, Aaliyah will be home later. I'll put the kettle on" she leads me to the kitchen immediately.

"Yeah hi mum" Shawn's mumbles sarcastically following us. "Tell me Athena, did Shawn apologise to you?"

Woah straight into the deep end.

Shawn looks at me with worried eyes. "He did and all is forgiven. We're moving on and that's all I want" I tell her.

"So will I be expecting a grandchild soon? She smirks. My eyes widen and Shawn gasps. "I'm kidding" she chuckles.

"Well we do want one in the future" I tell her. "Yeah" Shawn nods walking to stand beside me. "You guys are going to have the cutest baby's" she smiles at us. I look up at Shawn and he sends me a wink.

-
"Here take some left overs, I know Shawn won't cook and oh that reminds me, I'll come over any time you guys want to cook or if you need anything-"

"Mum we'll be okay" Shawn chuckles pulling her into a hug. "Text me Athena if he acts up" Karen tells me as I go to hug her. "I will" I laugh squeezing her.

I give manny a hug too. "So glad to see you again" he says. "You too" I smile.

Then Aaliyah pulls me into a tight hug. "I'll text you more about Luke" she whispers. We had a bit of a gossip session and Aaliyah had a major crush. "You better" I whisper back. I move back and watch Shawn say goodbye again.

Once he's done he takes my hand and I couldn't help but smile. He got on with his family so well, it made my heart happy.

We got to his car and our luggage was still in the back. "To the condo" he says nervously

I place my hand over his. "You have nothing to worry about. I promise" I tell him.

All through the flight he insisted we stay at a hotel, I guess he thought I had bad memories at the condo but I was completely fine with it. It was his home.

"But babe I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips against his. "I'm tired and I miss how comfortable your bed is. So will you start driving" I chuckle. He nods, pecking my lips once more then we begin our journey home by singing at the top of our lungs.

-
"Jesus Shawn open the door" I chuckle. He opens the door slowly and let's me walk in first. "Woah" I look around.

"Good woah?" He asks. I turn to him nodding. We bring our luggage in then I wrap my arms around him. "I love it. The whole place looks new and refreshing" I say.

Most of it had changed, the furniture was darker, the walls were white with grey accents, there were more guitars in sight. The whole place had a homey feeling to it.

"Now are you going to show me your room?" I ask teasingly. He picks me up and begins walking, kicking open the door then he places me on the bed. He steps back and I bounce on the bed. "New bed?" I ask.

"Hmm haven't tested it yet" he grins.

"Good thing I'm here" I stand up on the bed. "What're you doing?" He asks chuckling. I start bouncing on the bed and he watches me laughing.

"Testing the bed silly" I laugh. "Come on" I hold my hand out.

He takes it getting up and we begin bouncing around with each other. "Missed you so much Athena, how many sleepless nights I've had here" he says calming down.

He holds my hand and sits down, I sit on his lap comfortably. "I don't want to mess up" he says sighing.

"And we won't. We're not the same Athena and Shawn. I'm not nineteen anymore. We're different, we know what we want. We know how to handle each other, we got this. I won't let anything happen to us. Shawn do you promise you won't let anything happen to us?" I say placing a hand on his cheek.

"I promise Athena. I love you there's no way I'm letting you go" he presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Good because I need you" I snuggle into his arms feeling warm and safe.