42

Christmas Day

I stumble out of bed. I wished me and Shawn didn't fight last night then maybe I would be waking up in his arms this morning but I wasn't.

After I showered and did my hair I got changed into burgundy knitted sweater and black jeans then I walked out to the living room where Shawn was still sleeping. I decided to let him sleep, plus I don't really know what I'd say to him.

I made some coffee then cleaned the house before we headed off to my family's home which we're going to spend Christmas at and tomorrow. I went back to the living room and Shawn was sat up rubbing his eyes then he looked up at me.

"Morning" he mumbles. "Morning, we're going to my parents soon, can you get ready" I tell him. "You go" He tells me making me heart ache at how awkward we were being.

"You're not coming?" I ask. "I'll come later" he says getting up. "Gonna shower" he walks past me going into our room.

I just nod then get my shoes on and grab the presents going down to my car to make it to my parents home.

"Merry Christmas!" Sam pulls me into a hug. "Merry Christmas" I smile. "I'll take those" he takes the gifts from me. "Are Theo and Liv here yet?" I ask taking my jacket off and as soon as I do James and Lola run up to me hugging my legs.

"Oh hi babies" I chuckle crouching down to hug them. "They missed you" Theo says walking in with a very pregnant Liv. I get up hugging them both.

"Wheres Shawn?" Liv asks me rubbing her stomach gently. "He's coming" I smile at them. "Wheres mum and dad?" I ask and as if by magic they both appear.

"Hi mum" I go over hugging her then dad. "Wheres shawn?" Mum asks. "He's coming" I tell them and she just nods as we all sit down. I take Lola in my arms placing with her hair.

"Wheres uncle Shawn?" James asks me. "He's coming- maybe that's him" I chuckle as the intercom goes off. I go over seeing Shawn on the little camera then press he button letting him up. After a few minutes the elevator doors open and he walks in, wearing a long black coat, grey scarf and black jeans.

"Uncle Shawn!" James runs to Shawn. Shawn picks him up pressing a kiss to his cheek making my heart swell, of course I wanted children with him but I wasn't sure when.

Shawn puts James down then makes eye contact with me. I forget it all and hug him tightly. "I'm sorry about last night and this morning" I tell him. He hugs me tightly.

"Me too. We should talk when we get home" he says. I nod pulling back but he holds me close pressing a kiss to my lips gently. "It's been long enough" he grins. I nod then take his hand leading him to everyone where he gets greeted nicely.

-

"Shawn do it properly! We have to win!" I exclaim. We were in a heated game of charades and Shawn was about to make me loose.

"Shawn!" I yell. "I don't know what else to do!" He chuckles. "Times up!" Theo exclaims. "It was The Little Mermaid" he says sitting beside me pulling me into his arms.

"How did you mess that up?" I chuckle. "Uncle Shawn?" Lola runs up to Shawn. "Yes Lola?" He picks her up putting her on his lap and her little legs were on my lap.

"Aunty Athena?" Lola asks. "Yes love?" I chuckle taking her small hand.

"Do you have a baby like mummy?" She asks. "In your tummy?"

I look up at Shawn who smiles down at me. "No I don't, I might one day" I tell her.

"Why not now?" She asks leaning her head on Shawn's chest. "Because it's not my time now, I will have one though-"

"Will uncle Shawn be the daddy?" She cuts me off making Shawn laugh. "Yeah he will" I nod.

Shawn looks down at me with glittering eyes then he sends me a wink.

"What did you get for Christmas?" Shawn asks her changing the subject.

-
"I think my family had grown in the idea of you and me finally" I say to Shawn as we enter my room at my parents home.

"Yeah your dad seems much more friendlier" Shawn smiles tugging me into his arms, his hands go to my stomach instantly.

"I'm not going to pressure you into having children Athena, I just-I want them and I want them with you" Shawn says gently as they sit on the bed.

"I do too but- but it's a lot of pressure right now" I sigh. "Talk to me love, tell me what's going on in that pretty head" he presses a kiss to my cheek making me feel all warm and loved.

"My career is just starting, we just got back together, I know it's been like six months but I want it to be me and you for a while, my parents are like hawks, you know this. And yeah I'm financially okay to have children but if you want to move back to Canada I'll be leaving my family, my work and friends. Don't you think that's a lot of pressure on me?" I ask him.

He pauses for a few seconds.

"It is. I- I never thought of it like that. I'm sorry love, I'm so caught up with you, I'm so in love with you Athena, my heart is so devoted to you right now you have no idea" he says facing me. "I do know, I feel the same way Shawn and when I'm ready I'll tell you, I promise I will be, I don't know when but I want my future to be with you" I tell him and small smile tugs at his lips.

"You're one of a kind Athena Elle" Shawn grins kissing my forehead.