23

Shawn Mendes

My eyes fluttered open and I was woken up by the sound of the sky rumbling. I got up quickly looking around for Athena knowing she'd be scared but she wasn't around.

"Athena?" I shout out for her and no reply. I stand up going to the kitchen and she wasn't there or her room, spare room or bathroom. I
went back to the living room and spotted the balcony door was a little open.

I walked over and there she was, asleep on the sofa. I opened the door going over to her and spotted a letter and an invitation.

I shouldn't have done this but I read it. What was she talking about 'that night'? The night we broke up?

The sky got louder and I hear her whimper. I shoved the letter in my pocket and picked up her sleeping body being her inside. Her arms wrapped around my neck and her head nuzzled into my arm.

I put her down on the bed, drawing the curtains, I flicked on the lamp and got in bed beside her.

"Shh you're okay" I hushed her wrapping an arm around her body. Her eyes fluttered open and she moved in closer to me and straddled my body.

"What happened?" I ask her. She looked distraught. I try soothing her by running a hand down her back again and again.

"You read the letter didn't you?" She asks gently. "Yeah and I'm sorry"

"It's okay. I was going to tell you anyway" she says softly tucking her head softly in the crook of my neck. "Babe in the letter it said 'that night' what night is she talking about?"  I ask.

Athena moves and looks at me. Her hand in my cheek, her eyes meet mine. There was pain in her eyes.

"You can tell me, I won't be mad" I tell her taking her hand in mine. "Yeah it was that night... the night we broke up. I called her, I called Camille, Liam, Myles everyone and no one answered. So I had to call my brothers" she says.

"No one answered?" I ask shocked. "No one" she shakes her head.

"I'm sorr-"

"Don't apologise, I already forgave you" she leans down and captures my lips. "And it's not your fault I had shitty friends" she says against my lips then continues kissing me.

I flip us over and take my shirt off and she does the same.

"Why do we have sex when there's a storm?" She giggles pulling me down. "It's sexy, your moans and the thunder" I smirk. Then I go down kissing down her stomach making her back arch.

-

"Lets go to France" she says as I flop down beside her. "Let's do it" I chuckle pulling her bare body against mine.

"In two days let's go" she climbs over my body and lies down. "Okay" I nod smiling.

"Is that okay?" She asks. "Yep, me, you in France. I'll make love to you all day whilst we're there" I chuckle.

"Make love huh?" She giggles. "Or I could handle you roughly and-"

"I'm good either way" she laughs. "As long as it's you" She bops my nose.

I run my hands down her waist and to her bum squeezing gently. "I don't wanna get up" she whispers kissing my chest. "Don't" I reply shifting her body to lie down beside me.

"What were you dreaming about?" I ask facing her. "Huh when?"

"When you were sleeping outside, I brought you inside and you were crying I think" I say and she turns to face me. "I- I was dreaming of..." her eyes look directly at mine like she was trying to figure out wether she should tell me or not.

"I can't remember"

I knew this was a lie, she looked away when she said it and moved a little further back. "Okay" I move closer to her and she puts her head on my chest.

"You'll stay with me, right?" She asks. "Of course, I told you I'll try again. We're going to, I- I really like you Athena"

Fuck I was about to admit it, what if I had said it and she got scared?

"I like you too" she looks up then pecks my lips. "Go to sleep babe" I tell her running a hand through her hair.

She soon fell asleep and I was left with the voice in my head. I desperately wanted to know what night she was talking about but at the same time I knew I should leave it, I can't risk us breaking up because I'm stupid.

I should respect her privacy and she should tell me what she feels like.

I also couldn't admit that I loved her. Not yet. I just got her back.