18

Athena Elle Carter

I waked through the rain hugging my body. In the car this would've taken me fifteen minutes but walking was half an hour. There were no cars on the road and my phone had conveniently died. So here I was was walking through the after effect of the storm.

It's took me forty five minutes as I was walking slowly and afraid of every alley way or noise. I ran up the stairs of my apartment complex then I found myself walking down the hallway and fumbling with my keys to open the door.

"Hey Athena are you okay?"

I look up seeing Leon dragging out a suitcase. "What? Yeah I'm fine" I chuckle slapping my hand on my leg.

"What happened? It's five am, what were you doing out?" He stops in front of me holding my shaking shoulders.

"Where are you going?" I ask him. "I'm going to London for a while, dads sick" he shrugs. I pull him into a hug and his arms close around my wet body. "I hope everything's okay" I whisper closing my eyes tightly then I step back.

"You should go inside and get dry, you'll get sick" his hand go to my cheek and he gently rubs my skin with his thumb. "I'll see you soon yeah and call me" I say shakily. I kiss his cheek then walk past him to my door.

"I'll see you soon Carter and I left a key under your mat. I don't know how long I'll be gone" he says. "Yeah sure" I nod.

"Have a safe flight" I then walk into my apartment flicking off my shoes. I run to the bathroom grabbing a towel I shake my wet hair then using the hair dryer I run it over my hands. After this I take a hot shower trying to get rid of Shawn's cologne that lingered on my body.

I got changed into some sweats and a large hoodie then fell asleep immediately.

-
"Come on Athena! Open the door!"

My eyes flickered open, I let out a groan as I felt pain in my hips and thighs. I leaned over seeing it was three pm.

"Athena! Please just let me in!"

I stumble of my bed then threw my hair up in a bun. I rub my eyes as I make my way to the door and once I open it I slam it back shut and lean my back against the door.

"I know you're still there. I can see the shadow of your feet" he says. I put my head in my hands mumbling curse words. "I'm not leaving until you open the door" he says calmly.

I step back and open the door then quickly walk away and I hear his footsteps following me. It took all I had to ignore him. I went to the kitchen and put the kettle on then I waited as I leaned against the counter.

"Athena" he gently held my wrist then twirled me around, our eyes meeting and my chest pressed against his.

"Shawn what're you doing here?" I sigh. I don't even have the effort to move him away from me. "I came to apologise. What I said last night I'm sorry. I'm sorry for kicking you out as well. You were honest with me and thanks for that" he says softly. I liked him better like this.

"Here" he moved his hands and pulled out the necklace from his back pocket. His hands go to the back of my neck and he puts it on me, the cold chain making me shiver. "That was unfair" I tell him.

"I know-"

I cut him off by sneezing twice then I look up with hazy eyes. "Did you walk home? Oh god I'm such a terrible person" he shakes his head. "Can I please show you that I'm sorry by taking care of you today?" He asks.

"Are you going to lash out at me? For being honest?" I ask bitterly. "No" he shakes his head. "Well then you can make me some tea" I walk away from him locking the front door then I go to the living room rapping myself in blankets and I start watching That 70s show.

"Here's your tea" he hands it me. "Thanks, you can sit here" I move up a little moving the blanket. He sits down close to me and places a hand on my thigh.

"What can I do so that you don't feel awkward around me?" He asks looking at me. I turn to face him meeting his sad eyes.

"I don't know" I shrug. "I just want for us to be okay. I don't want to fight with you" I shake my head. We've finally reunited after three years and had a fight already.

"I'm sorry" he takes my hand kissing my knuckles. "It's okay, I'm sorry too. I said that we should move on and I mentioned it again. I won't mention it again, I want us to move on. We can do that right?" I wanted his reassurance.

He nods then leans forward kissing my cheek. I close my eyes then open them once his lips are no longe on my skin. "I told you I'll try again" he says softly.

He leans his head against my shoulder and I melt into his body like we were made to be in each other's embrace. I put my mug down and closed my eyes as I let myself be held by him in a safe, warm embrace.