41

Christmas Eve

"This is nice" Shawn says. I hum in agreement continuing to cut the red velvet cake.

"Come here for a second" he pulls me away from the cake making me groan. "The cake!" I exclaim. "It can wait" he chuckles pecking my lips. I roll my eyes then look up at him.

"This is our first Christmas together" he says with a huge smile. He had been excited about this for so long. "I know babe" I chuckle.

"Feels special right? Me and you, alone, just us on Christmas Eve" he says playing with the ends of my hair. He also wanted for it to be just us, I found it unusual at first but it grew on me, just me and him.

"It does. I like this" I kiss his cheek. "You know last Christmas was the first one I spent happily in those three years, it was a weird feeling you know? I thought we'd have plenty Christmas's together" I tell him honestly.

"We will and we do babe, me and you and maybe even... even our children?" He smirks. "Children?" I chuckle.

"Hmm our children" he nods. "Wait let me get the cake and wine and then we can talk" I tell him. He nods leaving my wait. Shawn grabs a wine bottle and two glasses and I take the two plates of cake into the living room where we had put up a white tree with red and silver decorations.

I sit and Shawn puts an arm around me. "How many do you want?" He asks me.

"Five"

"Woah we better get started then" he chuckles. "I'm kidding... I think. Maybe three then four if we're feeling it" I chuckle.

"Boys or girls?" I ask him. "I want two boys and two girls" he says. "So now we're having four?" I chuckle.

"I'll have as many baby's as you want" he smirks taking a bite out of his cake. "I don't really care to be honest" I tell him.

"Where would you want to live?" He asks me. "Here in New York but a nice, modern house" I tell him. "Not Canada?" He asks.

"I don't know, not really I guess. New York is my home" I tell him. "And Canada's mine" he says.

I just nod not wanting to start anything, I could hear it in his voice, he was becoming a bit agitated.

"So the children will always see your parents and not mine?" He asks continuing it. "This isn't for definite Shawn, I'm not even pregnant" I chuckle grabbing my glass of wine.

"Yeah but we're talking about our future Athena, you could be pregnant in a year" He says back. "I don't want a baby till I'm twenty five at least" I say.

"That doesn't mean we can't still talk about it. It's important to know what's coming, I'd like our children to be raised in Canada" he says assertively. I just get up huffing going to the kitchen for some more cake.

"Babe I'm talking to you" He follows me. "And I don't like how you're talking to me" I shrug.

"Don't be like that" he sighs. "Be like what? You're the one getting annoyed over where our children will be raised when I'm not even pregnant, we're not even ready for children dammit we've only been together for like six  months now" I say.

"What if I am ready? I know you're the one Athena, you're the one I want to kiss in the morning, the women I want to share my children with, the women I want to fall asleep beside and live with. It's you Athena" he takes my hands gently looking into my eyes, they were soft and loving.

"And I feel the same about you. I'm crazy about you Shawn but I want to take time with this, you know what happened last time. I want this to be forever" I tell him placing a hand on his cheek.

"Why do you always have to mention the past?" He asks.

"It's apart of us Shawn. We need to learn from it"

"I don't like when you mention it though" he huffs making me step back in annoyance. "This is so stupid" I mumble grabbing my phone and going to the living room.

"Stupid? Athena you're being so rude about this, I just wanna talk about our future"

"I understand that Shawn but if I have a different opinion to you then you can't just go all psycho on me" I shoot back. "I'm not! You just think this is all about you! They're my children-"

"I'm not pregnant Shawn. We don't have children" I cut him off. "I want them Athena! I want children with you as soon as possible, can't you see that I love you so much, I want a whole life with you!" He exclaims, hands going in the air.

"And What about me? I'm going to be carrying the children, don't I get a say on when I want them? You're being really selfish Shawn" I get up. "You're the one who wants to wait, what if I don't want to wait? You're being selfish!" He shouts back at me.

"I'm going to bed. You can sleep down here" I throw a pillow at him and he catches it. "I don't like this attitude Athena" he says gritting his teeth.

"I don't like how you're being right now! Merry fucking Christmas Shawn!" I shout walking away to our bed. I lock the door and get in closing my eyes.