71

Athena Elle Carter

"Good night" I tell Shawn as he walks out the room. I had no courage to ask him to sleep beside me and plus I want to continue taking the baby steps I have been taking. Despite the fact that tonight I leaped in for a kiss but in my defence it'd been six months and in those six months we didn't come remotely close to a kiss.

"Night Athena and Haze" he winks smoothly then walks out shutting the door lightly. I bring my bottom lip between my teeth, I felt giddy, excited and loved. I wanted to feel this way forever.

I soon decide to get changed and I get in bed rubbing over my tummy.

"I'm so excited to meet you hazey baby" I whisper softly, letting my finger draw shapes on my skin.

-
I sob into my hands trying to hold it all together.

"It's just a movie" Shawn reassures me. "But-but she didn't even get with him and he gave his heart to her son and-" I let out a loud cry making him jump slightly. We had just finished watching The Best of Me and it was the saddest movie I had watched also my pregnancy hormones made me even more irrational.

"Baby" Shawn coos softly. I look up at him wide eyed, he had called me endearing names before but it felt even more different now that we had kissed.

"Shit... I'm sorry-"

"No it's okay" I shake my head. He nods wordlessly and brings his soft thumb to my cheek wiping at my tears. I slowly ease my body into his and soon his large arms wrap around me like a net and I'm so caught up.

"Should we watch another movie?" He asks. His fingers moving around my bump slowly and calmly. "Lets just talk" I suggest letting my legs stretch across the sofa.

"M'kay" he hums. "What about?" He asks.

"I don't know... last night?" I ask. "Oh wait, I got a call from Erica on your birthday" I begin and he hums whilst his large palm rubs my bump soothingly. "And she gave me some really good news"

"Oh yeah?" He asks happily. "Hmm so you know Yvette? She wants to do a collab with me soon" I say with excitement laced in my voice.

"That's great! I hope you agree to it, it's a great opportunity" he says quickly. It made my stomach flip at how supportive he was being, it was nice to know he was there for me.

"I will but after Haze arrives, I want him to have my full attention" I say. My hand goes down to my tummy, my fingers lacing with Shawn's like I wasn't controlling them and I could practically feel him smiling behind me.

"He's getting all my attention too, I'll fight you if I have to for his attention" Shawn says jokingly. I let out a small laugh "I'm definitely winning" i comment making him stifle a laugh.

"Only if i let you win"

I look up at him not realising how close his lush lips were to mine. "And you're definitely letting me win" I say. "Of course, you'd disown me if I didn't" He smirks.

"Shut up" I couldn't resist the huge smile on my face. "Make me" his honey eyes flutter down to mine.

I lean into him and press my lips against his. His lips enveloping mine perfectly. I bring my hand to cup his jaw and he slowly moves his to my waist. "Is this is what we're doing?" He mumbles against my lips as I pull away but stay close enough to feel his lips brush my mine and put noses touch slightly.

"What do you mean?" I ask teasingly. Maybe it's my hormones, my crazy heart and wild mind making me act like this.

"This" He begins. "Kissing and touching and me calling you baby and hugging" he speaks ever so softly that I melt. "It feels right" I reply.

"Can I just-" he cuts himself off and moves his body, I sit up to let him move in front of me, on his knees, hands on my thighs, innocently looking up at me.

"Just want to face you whilst I say this" he says. I smile down at him feeling my heart swell. My hand goes to his curls and I push them back feeling his soft hair against my hand.

"I know I've made countless mistakes in the past and I know I've hurt you and I wish I could take it all back, all the times you cried or felt lonely because of me... god I wish I never hurt you" his voice sounded so genuine that I just listened and looked at him in awe.

"You need to know that I'm well past the childishness and immaturity. I'm here for you, however you want that to be I'm here for you and Haze. I probably sound like a broken record but I love you so much, I love everything about you and I hate that I let you slip out of my hands"

My chest gets heavy and eyes get glossy, I'm so close to crying at his loving words.

He slowly takes my hand and his fingers take my ring slipping it off, I quickly grow confused to why he did that.

"I should've done this properly the first time but right now, just me and you and hazey it feels so right. I need and want you in my life forever, I need you to keep me in check, I need to show you I love you because god knows how much I do" he blinks quickly letting a few tears slip his eyes. I'm quick to wipe his tears as I cry myself

"You can say yes or no but I'd never forgive myself if I didn't try again. Athena Elle Carter, will you please marry me?" He holds the ring between his fingers. I immediately slip down and throw my arms over his body holding him close as I close my eyes tightly. His heavy breathing consuming my ears and heavenly scent filling my nostrils.

His large, warm arms go around me and simply holds me. My head nestled into the crook of his neck as I sniffle in attempts to stop my crying. I hear him let out a sob into my hair.

We were both emotionally exhausted, physically and mentally drained. We needed each other more than anything.

"Yeah I'll marry you" I whisper softly kissing his neck twice before I close my eyes again. "You will?" He mumbles into my hair.

"I will, I need you more than you know" I tell him. He squeezes me tighter and I gasp a little feeling Haze move.

"Sorry" he says quickly. "Just Haze" I answer.

I feel Shawn take my hand and I move back to watch him put the ring back on my finger. I know it's the same ring but it just means so much more now.

"It feels real now" I say. He takes my hand kissing my knuckles. "Come here" he pulls me in smugly. I smile until I meet his soft lips. "Will you sleep in my bed tonight?" He asks before kissing me.

I nod pecking his lips, my whole body feeling love. Call me a fool for taking him back but the situation has changed. He's tried so hard, we're having a baby and I can say I truly love him.