19

Shawn Mendes

"I hate how you do that" Athena says. "Hate what?" I ask. "You bite your nails Shawn Mendes" she shakes her head. "You always hated that" I chuckle.

She takes my hands holding them. "So you don't bite your nails" she grins. "Are we doing this?" I ask. "Doing what?"

"Us. I don't want to sound rude but are you leading me on? Is there going to be something for us?" I ask. I was desperate to know how she felt. I juts wanted a straight answer, did she still want me or not.

"Honesty I hope so" She gulps. "You know we've been apart for three years and you suddenly walk back into my life. And I hate you for that. Well I don't hate you actually, I hate the fact you still make me feel the same as when I was nineteen and with you. We were together for like seven months or something and that's not a long time but you still had me thinking of you, three years later" she held eye contact with me the whole time and I could tell she meant every word.

"And-and I still want to hate you for what you did but I can't anymore. I've grown, we've grown and if, only if we start something again I know it'll be much more mature" she pauses for a second then looks up at me and holds my hands tighter.

"I don't want the petty fights or the awkward stage. I want you but with the laughter and I need to know we have a future" her eyes were now getting glossy.

"Why wouldn't we have a future?" I ask confused.

"I hate to mention this but you said it. You said you'd never marry me, never propose and I lost hope. I know I said I want to leave it all but it's still there. It's still something that happened between us" she says, she blinks and let's a tear fall down her cheek.

"Athena, I hate myself for that night. I truly do but you talk about wanting something with me but you can't just throw around that night and hold it against me-"

"I'm not-"

"Let me speak. I really want you, more than you know but I need you do something for me"

She nods using one of her hands to wipe her tears. "I need you to forget that night. Forget that we even had that relationship. This is us starting new. I'm here now and maybe you're completely different to how I knew you but that's okay. Can you do that for me? Can we forget that night?" I ask. It was a lot to ask, I know.

She nods slowly then falls into me, her head going to my chest. "Can you do something for me?" She asks.

"Anything" I rest my chin at the top her head and wrap my arms around her.

"Forget what I said about being friends first. Let's start with you and me. In a relationship" she sniffles.

"Athena-"

"Please Shawn, I've been alone for three years. Try again with me, please" she whimpers.

"Look at me" she looks up and I use my thumbs to wipe her tears. "Hold on" I get up leaving her confused. I grab the flowers I had gotten her and leave shutting the door.

I take three deep breathes then knock on the door. She then opens the door with her blanket wrapped around her, she sniffles looking at me confused.

"Hi" I smile at her. "Hi" she lets out a small giggle.

I step forward pushing the flowers towards her. "For you, my gorgeous girl" I look down at her waiting for something. She takes the flowers, a smile on her lips.

She looks up at me grinning. "Thank you" she giggles. She leans up then pecks my lips. I take hold of her waist and pull her closer to keep her lips on mine, loving the feeling of them even when I could taste her salty tears.

I pull back then kiss her forehead.

"We're really doing this" she mumbles into my chest. "We're doing this. I will try again with you Athena Elle. I know you're mine, you were made to be mine and I won't stop" I kiss the top her head.

"I know it too" she looks up innocently.

"I'm going to show you the devotion I have for you"