13

Athena Elle Carter

After seeing Shawn I went straight back to my place and began my binge of gossip girl. A show I would watch when Shawn went away.

I kept thinking off him. What if I had stayed? Listened to him? Instead of being stubborn like he called me. But he cheated. That's unforgivable right? But if I loved him shouldn't I have been able to forgive him?

After a few long, long, long hours of being lost in my deep thoughts I fell asleep on my sofa and was awoken by loud banging on my door.

"Shut up! I'm coming!" I yell opening the door to a deliver guy. "Oh sorry, what is it?" I ask wrapping my cardigan further around my body.

"Delivery for Miss Athena Carter?" He asks. "Yeah that's me, I didn't order anything" I tell him.

"It was sent to you" he tells me. "Well what is it?" I ask. He hands me a large box and another two on the floor. I sign for the packages and he leaves. I take them one by one to my living room then sit on the floor ready to open them.

I open the first one seeing a dozen roses and a card.

-I'm truly sorry Athena Elle

I open the next one, a basket with the a few DVDs. The wolf of Wall Street, my favourite film, a pink apron that read 'sprinkles', my first ever job, a signed khalid vinyl and also a Sabrina Claudio one.

The next box really hit me hard. A red Cartier box and a letter. I opened it revealing the same gold heart chain he had gotten me for Christmas. I clutched on to it sitting back with the letter. I opened it carefully seeing the familiar handwriting.

Athena Elle
I'm so incredibly sorry for hurting you, I know I should've been doing this three years ago but I couldn't, I was a coward.
Being away from you drove me crazy, I have no idea how you've been coping for the past years but I want to apologise for all those nights you cried because of how dumb I was.
Athena, I want to talk with you.
I want to try again. Get to know the woman you are today. I want to be friends before anything assuming you do too.
I hate for us to live in bad blood. Please just talk to me, I can't live with myself knowing you're still hurting but if you're not then please help me move on. I want to make things right.
-Shawn

I was now crying thanks to his stupid, thoughtful letter.

I also didn't want there to be this 'thing' between us. I stopped my crying, I was going to let go off this stubborn persona I had going on. I was going to be happy and face whatever it was.

Maybe this is for the best. It's been three years, I can face him without crying. It's been three years, I can let go.

-
"Woah, Lucas never does this for me and we're married" Erica scoffs looking at the three boxes. "Is that the necklace?" She points to my neck.

I nod holding it in my fist. "He kept it for three years huh?" Erica chuckles.

"He did" I nod. "If that's not romantic I don't know what is" she says picking up Faye putting her on her lap.

"What should I do Erica?" I ask her leaning my head against her shoulder. "Athena I hate to say this but it's been so long. Can't you just try to be friends? Look he's trying so hard" she says gently.

"Friends?" I ask. It wasn't that bad.

"I can try friends" I nod. "You know it'll be hard at first, it'll be awkward and maybe every time you look into his charming eyes you'll want to fall in to his arms but eventually it'll get easier" she tells me.

"Right, it'll get easier" I agree with but I was mostly telling myself.

"And remember you're with Leon now anyway" she says. I look up at her like she was crazy. "I'm not with Leon. I mean yeah that thing happened the night of the after party but we're not a thing" I shake off.

"Well that's not what he's been saying" she mumbles. "What did he say?" I ask her cautiously. "That you guys are dating now, Lucas and him met up for lunch and he told Lucas" Erica says.

"Oh" I nod. "I-I'll talk to him in the morning, lets just watch a movie right now"

Leon and me? It didn't sound so bad. I mean we've been friends for a while but I never saw him as a long term boyfriend.