59

Athena Elle Carter

Things were going so well so far, it's been two weeks. We're in the end of May. My bump is getting bigger and the baby is healthy which is all I wanted.

We had another appointment for the gender of the baby which Shawn insisted we do a gender reveal and I couldn't say no despite the fact I wanted to know right away.

So today's the gender reveal. Everyone was told to wear either blue or pink and the reveal was going to be hosted by Erica, she rented out a small place where we could have the reveal outside in the garden.

Over the past two weeks I had seen Shawn everyday. Wether it be for dinner or just seeing him when I leave my apartment. We had spoken a little more and I knew he cared for the baby. I just knew it. The way his face would light up whenever he touched the bump or when someone asked him about the baby, his whole aura was positive.

We still hadn't told the public about the baby and I knew soon enough we would have to, my bump is getting bigger by the day. Shawn decided he would just post a picture after the reveal which I was okay with but I'm still extremely nervous about the reaction.

-
"Athena! Are you ready?" Shawn shouts. "Yeah!" I get up smoothening down my white dress and I put my white flats on then I walk out to see Shawn wearing black trousers and a white button up tucked in, the sleeves rolled up and a few buttons undone.

"Hey you look beautiful" he puts a hand out to me. I take it and he spins me around gently making my heart flutter.

I pull back smiling up at him.

"Boy or girl?" I ask him. "Boy" he says with a smug smile.

"No way, it's a girl" I shake my head gabbing my purse. "Fine girl then" he chuckles.

"You can't just change your mind" I say walking out the apartment. "Fine, it's a boy" he says. We go down the lift in silence, out to the car park.

"Woah why is it so hard to sit" I chuckle trying to get into the passenger seat of my low down sports car.

"Should we go in my car?" He asks me. I nod moving out the way. He shuts the door and I follow him to his jeep.

"Too high up" I chuckle. I hold onto the side and he takes my hand as I sit up. He shuts the door getting in.

I was slightly out of breath which was embarrassing, I let my hand rub over my bump as I try to calm myself.

"You okay?" He asks me. "Yeah I'm fine" I nod grabbing my seatbelt.

-
"There's the baby daddy!" Erica exclaims hugging Shawn. "And the baby momma" she hugs me.

I laugh hugging her back. "Who else is here?" I ask nervously.

"Just a few friends from empire, Theo and the kids are here, Shawn's friends and his family" she tells me.

His family?

I turn to look at Shawn but he was already gone, he was in the middle of his meeting his parents.

"Erica" I take hold of her arm feeling myself getting lightheaded.

"Woah pregnant lady down!" Leo walks over to me. I chuckle giving him a weak smile.

"You okay?" He ask me. "Hmm yeah I'm fine. Did you call Sam? Or mum and dad?" I ask Erica.

A sad smile appears on her face. "They're not coming are they?" I ask.

"I'm sorry babe, they wouldn't even pick up my call" she sighs. I felt tears swell my eyes and my heart aches.