63

Athena Elle Carter

Shawn was beside me. His head turned the other way and body taking up most of the bed. It reminded of when we used to fight, he wouldn't hold me until we were okay.

I sat up in bed and my tummy rumbles. I bring my hand down running over it soothingly feeling my baby boy move around. It was a weird yet wonderful feeling, I just couldn't wait to hold him.

"Hey" Shawn speaks up turning towards me. "Hi" I say back. He puts his head on my lap without saying anything and kisses my stomach which makes my heart flutter.

"I'm sorry" he says, he looked so soft. Tired eyes, pink lips, rosy cheeks and messy hair.

"I trust you Athena I really do I just-you know how I feel. I can't help it" he sighs. "I'm just really sorry" he says.

"It's fine. We're fine" I tell him. I know he needed to hear it. I could tell by the looks in his eyes. He was hurting but he wouldn't admit it.

"There's a few houses we can look at today" he has getting up and I suddenly miss the feeling of him being so close to me but I brush the stupidity of my mind away.

"When?" I ask. "At one, so you can go shower and stuff then we can go"

I nod getting up.
-
We had male travel agent showing us around. Shawn was asking all the big questions about heating and installations and blah blah blah.

Where I was looking at the houses through the point of a mother. I wanted to make sure it was baby friendly.

The first house was more of a bachelor pad. Definitely not good for a family. Me and Shawn noticed immediately however we're both too polite to say anything and we carried on with the tour.

The next house had no garden. We specifically asked for a garden. Shawn was getting more annoyed now. He huffed as we got back in the car.

"Hey we'll find one" I tell him. "It doesn't look like it at this rate" he stars the car following the estate agent to the next home.

I sit back taking my shoes off and bring my hands to my kicking baby.

"He hates it too" I say with a small chuckle. Shawn puts his large hand over my stomach, rubbing soothingly.

"We'll find one" he says a little more calmer now.

-
We soon reach the house. As we pull up a pebbles driveway the gates open and my mouth gapes open at the sight.

It's just what I was describing yesterday and added extras. Big windows, beige stoning, white fence, it was clear the home was modern but was it baby proof? Did Shawn like it?

We got out the car and I follow Shane up the stairs.

"We have a three thousand square feet of the home, five bedrooms, six bathrooms, two offices. Open plan living room, kitchen and dining room. Three quarters of an acre Of garden-"

"Why didn't you show us this one first?" Shawn cuts him off. "It's perfect" his eyes looks around the home.

"What do you think?" Shawn asks me. "I love it. Can we see the rooms?" I ask.

"Of course. Follow me" he nods. Me and Shawn follow him up.

"This would be a perfect nursery as it's right next door to the master room" He opens the double doors.

"Woah" I mutter. "Exactly. It's perfect, huge bed for you two. Nice vanity for the Mrs. Balcony so you can see the garden. Then right into the en suite, with a his and hers sink. A stand up shower, large bath tub with jacuzzi settings" he says.

"Oh and there's this let me show you, downstairs" he takes his. We follow eagerly and he stops right at the huge glass overlooking the garden.

"Just press this button" he pushes a button and the doors slide away. "It's perfect. Athena you can cook or get the mister on the barbecue out here, have the party flowing in and out" he grins.

Shawn gently snakes his arm around my waist.

"You want it?" Shawn asks me. "I do. Do you?" I ask him.

"We'll take it" Shawn nods. "Perfect! If we can get a deposit in now then I can give you the key within an hour" he says.

"Great" I nod excitedly. "So who's doing the deposit?" He asks.

"I am" I say quickly reaching inside my bag. "No you're not" Shawn stops me.

"Can we have a minute?" I ask and the estate agent walks away.

"Shawn I got this. I don't mean to brag or sound like a brat but I made and earned my money from the Moschino collection, I got this and when we move in we can split the rent. I'll do first month and you do the next. And don't object. We're in this together" I tell him sternly.

"You got it then" he nods. "Thank you" I smile gently.

"Now let's buy this house" I chuckle excitedly.