Chapter Ten

Rosé

The art studio is quiet, I'm alone working on the promotional posters for Cherry & Blue when the studio door opens, I look up and see Noah.

"Noah." I smile at the quarterback.

Noah smiles as he walks over to my table and hops on to sit, his eyes immediately lay upon my poster.

"Your secret game?"

I grin and Noah chuckles softly. He leans back on his arms and I gulp at the sight of his flexed muscles.

"I'm so tired." He runs a hand through his soft hair.

"Practice?"

"Yeah," Noah groans, "We're in the playoff season and Coach is up our asses. He drew up a new game plan so we're learning it and it's not pretty."

"I'm sure you're gonna be good, it'll be worth it at the end." I smile warmly, meaning the words with encouragement.

Noah gives me a tender, soft expression. Butterflies swarm my tummy under his stare. His handsome face is otherworldly. Daniel and Noah should be models. How are two boys so ethereal and attractive?

"Give me your phone." Out of the blue, Noah asks, eyes hooded as he waits.

I go numb for a moment, wondering why he wants my phone, but I shrug it off. I hand him my phone and I watch as he types something on the screen.

"I like midnight calls." Noah smoothly passes me my phone back.

I stare at the screen and my heart does a nosedive into a lake of hearts and flowers.

I blush.

Noah gave me his number. I don't know how to feel about this because I've never had a guy's phone number before, besides Nate's but that doesn't count. And now he's indirectly telling me to call him during midnights.

It's exciting.

But also a little overwhelming and wrong. I have feelings for Daniel, his brother. I don't want to lead Noah on but I want to be friends with him. I've never been in this situation before so I don't know what to do. I hope Noah doesn't take my affection towards him as a symbol of liking. I'd really hate to be that girl.

Noah is busy with his phone and then my phone lights up with a message. It's from Noah and it's a picture of Hisoka. My eyes widen in surprise and excitement. Noah watches anime?

Noah and I begin talking about Hunter X Hunter and I find out he's already finished watching it. He says his favorite character is Hisoka and I tell him that I love Killua. We're so animated and passionate about the way we talk about the series. Noah makes me laugh when he says that he won't last a second against Killua in a fight.

The smile on his face is addicting, not to mention his laugh. We stare into each other's eyes, wondering how much we have in common. Noah bites his lip and sits up and tucks a loose strand behind my ear. The gesture makes my cheeks blush. Noah doesn't take away his touch, instead, he caresses my cheek with his knuckles. It's a soft, tender touch.

Lost in our moment, we're startled when the studio door opens and Daniel and Bia stumble in. She's laughing whole-heartedly as he stares at her with a warm smile. He looks happy and peaceful. An ache in my chest makes my smile fall and look away from the boy who has my heart in his hands without him knowing.

"Rosé!" Her joyful voice makes me smile in an instant.

I steal a peek at Daniel and he's watching me with thunderous eyes. Looking at Noah and me and our close proximity. His jaw clenches.