Chapter Eleven

Rosé

Putting my books away in my locker, I grab my notes for the Astronomy project. Daniel is at basketball practice, so I'm heading to the library alone until he's finished.

I don't know what's happening between us but it's dangerous. The energy between us whenever we're close is indescribable and the way he makes me feel is so good. I don't want to be naïve and fall for him without knowing him but he makes me want to go into whatever this is between us with my eyes closed.

"Rosé."

My skin crawls at the gruff, low voice. My grip on my book hardens as I turn around to face Chase.

Chase smirks, his blue eyes leering at my body in a disgusting way.

Chase Henny, the delinquent, the bully, the trashy playboy of West Hampton Lake U. He causes nothing but trouble, vandalizing, breaking rules, and making girls cry. With brownish-blonde hair and blue eyes, girls fall for him but his personality is nasty. I won't be surprised if he's secretly a psychopath.

Leaning against the lockers, his eyes tease my lips.

"What do you want, Chase?" I look calm but fear is screaming inside me.

Resting one arm on the lockers beside mine, he grazes his icy blue eyes down at me, drinking me in with heinous lust behind his eyes.

"You."

Someone call Satan and tell him to come collect his son.

For the past year, Chase has been annoying me with his constant seedy remarks about me and my body. The boy can't catch a clue. He's stupid but he makes me wary of him, especially when we're alone. He's never touched me but he has been too close to me to the point I have trouble breathing.

"Come on, Rosé, I just wanna have some fun." Chase evilly grins and as he reaches to grab my arm, a large body steps in front of me.

Daniel grips Chase's wrist, it looks painful but the bully doesn't show it.

"I'm tempted to break your fucking arm." Daniel cooly says, looking bored as ever but there's pure poison lacing his silk, raspy voice.

Relief and something else floods my emotions. This is the second time he's come to my rescue.

Chase bares his teeth with a dark snarl but it doesn't intimidate Daniel. Peeking from behind his large body, I watch as Chase snatches his wrist from Daniel's hold. He looks furious but gives me one last glance before walking away.

When Daniel turns around, his scent and heat cloud my senses and I blush.

"Are you okay?" He asks almost as if he's irritated.

"Yeah, thanks." I mumble under my breath.

"I'm ditching you today." Daniel says it so casually that I almost laugh.

Gawking at him in surprise, I watch as his eyes roam her my body as if to check if I'm hurt or not.

"But—"

"Bye, Rosé."

This boy is crazy.

<3 <3 <3 <3

As I was ditched oh so sweetly by Daniel today, I decided to watch a movie instead of studying. I'm home alone again. Binx is curled on the couch by my blanket, purring. My cat is always sleeping.

Wanting some snacks to eat whilst I watch Rurouni Kenshin, I grab my sweatshirt and Nikes and make my way to the convenience store.

I don't have trouble going out alone at night because Nate has taught me self-defense, the basics of them so I'm safe.