Chapter Seventeen

Rosé

That freaking jerk.

How can he say those words to me? If he had spared my poor heart, then maybe I wouldn't be so freaking mad and hurt right now. He might not like me but there was no need to say those harsh, hurtful things.

What made him so angry?

We were perfectly fine studying and having small conversations and those touches—why did he touch me if he thought I was just a slut? And so what if I were? Of course, he was playing with me. I was dumb to fall for him. I should've ignored him and pushed my feelings further into my heart, locked them away forever.

"Rosé." Noah's raspy voice hollers out for me.

I wish Noah didn't bring me here.

Noah studies me in with a worried stare.

"Rosé, come here."

But as I walk towards him, a hand snatches my wrist harshly. Daniel pulls me dangerously close into his body, his warmth radiating like sweet poison. My eyes flicker between his, and his turn nastily black with white-hot rage.

"You can't tell me to stay away from you," Daniel stares down at me with exasperation and aggressiveness, "You're mine, Rosé. Mine to touch, mine to play with, mine to break. If you think I'm gonna stay away from you, you're fucking delusional."

Those narcissistic and hostile words shouldn't make my tummy flutter...but they do. I'm so stupid. The way he's talking to me and touching me should make me see the bad in him and run but I have this urge to punish myself with his toxicity.

"I'm not yours, Daniel." I whisper with blurry eyes.

I step back and set my wrist free from his strong grip.

"Get away from her, Daniel."

"Stay out of this." Daniel snarls at Noah and as he reaches for my wrist again, I jerk away with anger, and frustration clouding me.

"Don't touch me."

It's not that he's making me nervous with fear but letting him touch me will make me crumble into his arms like sand. I can't trust my body with him because I like his hands on me. After so many years, my body has come alive with sensations I've never felt before...all because of him. It's unhealthy, it blurs the rights and wrongs but I don't know any better.

Noah catches up to me and wraps his arm around me, glaring at his brother. Daniel is seething in undiluted rage.

"Get your fucking hands off of her." Daniel growls dangerously low.

My tears are stinging, and my heart is clouded in pain. Daniel's eyes darken almost raven black with no emotion except wrath writhing in them.

"Don't ever come near me again."

Daniel doesn't say anything back and I hope it stays that way.

It'll be difficult for me to look at him let alone talk to him after tonight but we have that project together. I just want to know what got him so angry with me that he started hurting me with his unkind words.

<3 <3 <3 <3

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Noah kindly offers as he stands outside my house.

I shake my head, feeling tired and sleepy.

"No, it's okay, Noah. Thank you for bringing me home," I open the front door with a small smile, "I had a great time with you tonight."

Noah sighs. Reaching out, he caresses my cheek.

"Rosé, I'm sorry for what my brother did."

"You don't need to apologize. None of it was your fault."

Nor was it mine. It was all Daniel. He said those words to me without being provoked which only shows what I mean to him. Nothing.

I know Noah is only apologizing because Daniel is his brother but he's not the one that hurled those vicious words towards me, he's not the one that hurt me, he's not the one that played me.

"Goodnight, Noah."

<3 <3 <3 <3

"I swear to god when I see him I'm gonna summon Hades to drag his ass to hell, not before shoving his dick down his throat." Aaliyah rages, rather adorably.

"I just don't understand what got into him so abruptly, what made him so angry with me. I was with Noah and he was going to take me home, I didn't plan on being there, but he messed up and dragged me into his stupid bet." I let out a soft, exhausted breath as I cuddle and play with Binx.

He playfully bites me, but it doesn't hurt.

"Wren didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"No."

"Thank god." Aaliyah mumbles under her breath.

Surprisingly Wren has been the last thing on my mind tonight. Yeah seeing him rattled me and he didn't let me forget what kind of unforgiving person he is but what Daniel did was worse.

And now I have to study with him for our project. I can't lose a good grade because of him. And I'm not that much of a scardey-cat. We don't have to talk to get this project done and if he wants to do it alone, better for me.

It just saddens me that all of a sudden, I'm being pushed away like this.

After this Astronomy project, we'll go back to being strangers. He'll go back to making out with his girls and I'll go back crushing after him. Even if it tears me apart that the only boy to ever make me feel genuinely good about my body ignores my existence.