new dorms

##; | december 23rd,, 2017.

as she watched the others set up their little picking game, rosey stood tense and silent

as she watched the others set up their little picking game, rosey stood tense and silent. hyunjin had reminded the others of her presence and chan had to urge the others to welcome her in.

she was then instructed to join the four members who were facing the window in order to prevent her from seeing where other members had gone.

she quickly followed the instructions and stood next to chan.

"we will be starting now." hyunjin announced as he hurriedly approached the room he wanted.

as the minutes ticked by, the five who had been waiting were given the opportunity to choose. rosey didn't stick by anyone since she didn't want to be perceived as clingy or close, although she was.

when someone entered the room of their choice, she heard screaming. as if it was some horror movie.

all of the other members had made their decisions about where they wanted to stay at this point. it was just her who had to make the decision.

she soon realized that there was no genuine choice, the other rooms were full, so she'd have to share the remaining one.

rosey walked inside the room, carefully opening the door. She walked in as slowly as she had opened the door, quietly greeting the other members and witnessing their grins.

"i suppose i am in this room." rosey spoke, closing the door behind her and walking towards the only empty bed.

she sat on the bed, across from a tall boy. he had brown, fluffy hair, which she admired. his name was. . . well, she couldn't recall it.

apart from the fact that it begins with a ji.

despite the fact that she was new to him and the group, he felt at ease. he was chatting loudly. he was talking to everyone but her, however, she noted how he would steal glances at her now and then.

she was mentally thanking him for making the environment less tense.

the several crew members who were filming in the dorms had gone around informing everyone that the rooms had been chosen and that they could now go about their business.

"this is chan's kitchen!" the leader roared as he walked into the kitchen.

rosey didn't hesitate to leave the living room which she felt rather uncomfortable in, making her way back to the room with her bed.

"chan's kitchen is just when he cooks." hyunjin, who was sitting on his own bed in their now shared room, spoke up, "because of all the cameras, he turns it into  small show."

the boy's voice shocked rosey, who had no idea he was in the room with her.

she came to a halt and wondered how he knew the reason why she had come in this room. almost like he could read her mind, knowing she had left the others because she didn't feel included.

her cheeks were puffing up with air, a habit she was attempting to break. she turned to face him and nodded, soaking in the new information.

her mind was now instructing her to get out of the room as soon as possible. her body reacted quickly, leaving the pleasant boy alone on his bed.

she'd prefer to be among a group of people who wouldn't notice her than in a room with just one other person.

that kind of awkward silence would be unbearable.

rosey strolled past the other members, her gaze falling on them as they played hand games. she peeked into where chan's kitchen was taking place to see how it was set up.

felix and chan stood side by side, chatting in english. to which she could only decipher a few words.

"nabi, would you like to help us?" felix asked.

"i'm too clumsy," she replied, shaking her head, "i can't even make a bowl of cereal without messing something up."

the others chuckled at the girl's words, not because they were mocking her, but because they had another member who was the same way.

jeongin, clumsy member #2.

"let's play hide and seek while we wait!" jisung came up with the idea and the other boys agreed.

rosey stood still, watching as they surrounded the fluffy-headed boy.

"come on, play!" jeongin said as he waved the slightly older girl over.

she stood next to the youngest, watching as on of the teammates blindfolded minho and commanded him to spin three times. rosey attempted to find a hiding spot as they counted down.

rosey took the place on top of the sofa, on the side closest to where that brown-haired tall boy was hiding atop a drawer. she couldn't hide her grin as she watched minho collapse to the ground from dizziness, forcing him to crawl around.

"oh, sofa, sofa!" minho screamed, patting the sofa cushions like a madman.

rosey shifted her weight onto one foot, hoping his hand wouldn't move any closer. she was caught after barely three minutes of play.

because the two hiders were not far apart, jisung was the second to be discovered.

for her, the second round was even more enjoyable. she was yet to speak out like the rest of them, but she couldn't stop laughing with them.

she hid beside hyunjin when the third round began. it was strange, but she could immediately tell she was warming up to the bunch.

"the food is done!" chan and felix began carrying meals out.

others raced to assist the two with any more pots or plates of food that needed to be moved.

rosey took a seat at the far end of the table, leaving a tiny space between herself and the boy with the puppy-like personality.

she hesitantly began eating with the rest of the group.

rosey ate small portions of food before minho, the group's second oldest member, noticed.

"nabi, make sure you eat plenty," he insisted, "you could become sick if you don't."

she nodded, filling her bowl with more food and chewing gently. she had a lot of snacks before this dinner, so hunger was the last thing on her mind right now.

rosey looked at all the boys who were eating beside and in front of her. it dawned on her that these were the people she would spend many days in the future with.

she had become closer to most of the boys in just a day's worth of time and couldn't wait for this awkward period to pass.