rosey's sick

##; | march 5th,, 2019.

staff members were panicked when they received a call from chan informing them rosey had become sick

staff members were panicked when they received a call from chan informing them rosey had become sick. with such short notice, they would have to remove her from upcoming performances, such as the current tour.

"it had to have been someone at the fan meet; perhaps someone caught a cold and passed it on to her?" chan questioned as he continued to scribble words into his notebook.

"we'll have to be more cautious at signings then," the staff member behind the line sighed, "we'll figure out a way for her to take a break from performing, i'll call you back."

the staff hung up before chan could say goodbye or pull the phone away from him.

rosey was in her room, where she spent her time alone. it was just a cold. . . a few coughs, a sore throat, and a stuffy nose. the other members walking around could hear her cough and they would always knock on the door and ask if she needed anything.

she replied quietly, with a hoarse voice, "no." she always ended up texting the member on the other side instead of answering because it was less work and less pain.

her hands moved to the sides of her head, gently resting atop her hair. her head was pounding and it felt heavy, what was she supposed to do. she shook her head slowly from side to side.

she had a performance in a few hours and no one had gotten back to her about alternatives.

her members were extremely concerned. she'd been sick twice before in their time as a group and both times they worried more than they needed to.

after a few hours, not a single member of staff had returned chan's call. rosey had no backup plan, no alternatives, and no options. she had to attend the performance.

backstage, hyunjin approached the girl. his hands moved to the collar of her shirt, assisting to fix the twisted fabric.

"are you going to be able to sing? does your throat still hurt?" he asked.

"i think i'll be fine," rosey shrugged.

she coughed quietly again and fiddled with her in-ears, which hung over her shoulders. her stomach began to act up, but she could tell if it was because she was nervous about performing soon or because the sickness had returned. she started walking away from the boy and hyunjin watched as she stumbled subtly into a chair.

his body moved before his mind could react and his hands grasped her arms, balancing her. hyunjin looked around for help, but was the only who noticed her dizziness as the other walked in and out of the room.

hyunjin sat rosey down in the chair she had inadvertently stumbled into to avoid another incident like this.

skipping to the performance, rosey was unable to maintain her balance. the fast-pace choreography threw her completely course and her legs couldn't keep her upright. she caught her stumbles a few times, but on other occasions she failed and fell. she was able to make a breakthrough with her verses.

the fact that her voice was good enough to get through her performance led fans to believe that the stage had not been cleaned properly. the fans thought that the floors were slick and rosey had fallen as a result.

her vision would be pierced by blackness and she would be unaware of where she was positioned for a few seconds, allowing hyunjin and jisung to help her professionally.

rosey sat on a dark bench in the backstage area's hallway. her gaze remained fixed on the white tile floor, her hands resting in her lap and one of her legs bounced slowly as her anxiety set in.

"it was a bad idea to let her perform." she overheard minho say in the waiting room.

after his words, there was silence, but it was quickly broken when someone's hands clapped against the wall. the sound was followed by a sigh.

"she insisted on it; i had no idea this would happen." their leader responded.

"she's sick!"

"it's the fault of the staff; they didn't respond! they said that if we don't hear from them, everything will remain the same."

she listened closely. she didn't want to irritate them. she was already apologizing to her members who couldn't hear her.

rosey kept her gaze fixed on the floor as someone exited the waiting room, walking in the opposite direction of her. she looked over at them and the way they were walking away quickly gave the impression that they were angry. someone else followed out the door.

jisung came to a halt as he made eye contact with the girl who was looking up at him. he smiled and patted her head gently.

"everything will be fine as long as you're okay." he whispered and then dashed off to find minho, who was the one who had stormed away.

his words reassured her, which was his intention. as someone who suffered from anxiety, he understood how arguments with her in the middle could have an effect on her.

her hands moved to her hair, which had become tangled as a result of jisung's affection, and fixed the flyaways.

rosey exhaled a sigh. as the door to their waiting room reopened, she jumped. chan came out and he didn't seem happy. he sighed as well when he looked over at her.

though his face was angry and annoyed, his voice was soft as he delivered the bad news to her.

"you won't be performing for the next few days," he said firmly, "this is your time to rest, so take it easy."

he walked back into the room after he finished speaking. she had no idea what to feel after he had left her with that information. the word "sad" was an understatement.

she had just returned to performing after her attack a few weeks prior and she is now on a break due to illness.