smile

##; | december 28th,, 2018.

rosey sat with the youngest, jeongin, on the silver colored mat on the floor, her legs crossed

rosey sat with the youngest, jeongin, on the silver colored mat on the floor, her legs crossed. he was lying on the mat, relaxed, and playing a game on his phone. backstage at a music show, the two and the rest of the group were.

she sat next to the boy, scrolling through instagram on her own phone.

"i wish she would smile more in pictures:("

rosey appreciated that her fans loved her smile, even if it wasn't the biggest. there was a reason she kept her smile hidden...

her braces.

their fans though jeongin's braces added to his cuteness as the group's maknae. rosey, on the other hand, though it wasn't the prettiest on her. she has the biggest smile when she with her members or on camera, but when she's with fans, she tends to put her hand in front of her mouth.

rosey locked her phone and placed it face down on the mat. she shifted her position until she was able to lie next to the youngest.

"hi." rosey said quietly.

jeongin smiled as he looked at the girl. she noticed his braces; how was he so sure of his smile, in contrast to her? why couldn't she be that self-assured in the pretty smile she didn't believe she had?

she shifted her gaze to the side, away from the boy on his phone, and observed her older members bickering. she chuckled and returned her attention to the game jeongin was playing.

when jeongin put his phone down after losing his game, he and rosey locked eyes. he replied with a late "hi" and another bright smile. he was expecting her to return the smile he secretly adored, but she only gave him a small one.

"come on! don't give me that small smile!" jeongin spoke, her pretty smile being covered by her sleeve-covered hand.

"i told you, i don't like my braces." rosey sighed.

jeongin bowed his head, "you smile is nice, nabi! braces aren't forever, so don't be worried about them."

what high hopes he had that his words would suddenly change her mind. her small smile had turned into a slight frown; she disliked discussing such subjects.

"i won't smile if you don't!" in a matter of seconds, his face went from bright to dull.

she tried everything she could to get him to smile again, "fine! i'll smile!"

she gave in and flashed her bright smile, braces and all. her cheeks were a light pink color and her two dimples were visible.

"see, it's not that scary," he said with a smile, "or do i have to stop for you to start?"

"no!" she exclaimed.

rosey rolled onto her back and turned away from the boy. he observed her eyes as they gazed up at the cream-colored ceiling.

"don't be afraid of your braces; your smile is loved by all the fans." oh, how he wished he could have told her, 'i love your smile.'

"really, thank you."

jeongin muttered something under his breath, causing his cheeks to flush. rosey noticed the new color on his face but couldn't understand what he said. when she asked him to repeat it, he simply said he was talking to himself.

"i said you're beautiful," he thought to himself.