its hard

##; | july 17th,, 2022.

rosey hummed as she peered through the glass at the face of her partner

rosey hummed as she peered through the glass at the face of her partner. she lowered the glass and gave a haphazard shrug of her shoulders.

jeongin constantly assumed responsibility for making her happy even though he was aware that he wasn't to blame for her sadness. her movements in the kitchen were observed by his eyes.

"what's on your mind?" jeongin enquired.

rosey stopped moving and timidly gave her boyfriend a glance. during the brief time they both stared at each other, she remained silent. she attempted to dismiss the question by shaking her head.

as his arms folded over the table, jeongin groaned. after removing the hair tie from her own wrist by reaching under her right sleeve, rosey drew her curly, dark brown hair back into a ponytail that sat comfortably.

rosey's scarlet cheeks from the humiliation she was feeling and the strands of loose curly hair that fell into her face made it difficult for jeongin to resist getting up and encircling her in his arms.

"it's about what they said, isn't it?"

"nothing was said," rosey dismissed the question once more.

"there was something said," jeongin scoffed, "when your mood shifted, i asked them about what you said you heard."

"so, you know what they said?"

jeongin nodded. his hands landed in his lap as he reclined in his chair. as his back touched the wooden chair, he leaned his head back for a split second to see if anyone was in the living room.

"rosey, you have every right to be upset. but, baby, you are aware that none of that is true."

she raised her slender hands to her face, resting them on her warm pink cheeks. she experienced some humiliation and thought that jeongin's treatment of her was too much to ask for.

but as she moved closer to jeongin, he got up from his chair and went over to her. her hands were allowed to remain on her cheeks as his hands softly cuffed her wrists. his hands then dropped to her shoulders, continuing to encircle her there.

"it's hard." rosey murmured.

she wasn't sure what exactly was difficult, but she did know that having many people observe her relationship—including it's ups and downs—was unsettling.

it was more unsettling when her members began to voice their own ideas in private.

jeongin's head rested against hers and he spoke up, "i know. i know it's hard, but i'm right here."

rosey was aware at that precise moment that anything someone might say about their connection was untrue.

she kept replaying seungmin's comments in her thoughts until she understood that she wasn't the girl who needed to plead for the proper care. that was just simply presented to her upon their first date.