happening fast

##; | june 23rd,, 2020.

seungmin stormed into the practice area without hesitation, letting the door slam against the wall

seungmin stormed into the practice area without hesitation, letting the door slam against the wall. he searched the area for his friend and fellow member.

"hyunjin!" he yelled.

"yeah?"

seungmin looked around and noticed hyunjin sitting alone in the corner using his phone. the practice room had been empty and hyunjin was making use of it. seungmin approached him and stood in front of him, hands at his sides.

"what the hell is going on!" seungmin asked.

hyunjin locked his phone and set it down on the hardwood floor beside him. he gazed up at the slightly younger boy, puzzled.

"what are you talking about?" hyunjin asked, nervously chuckling.

"why is jisung talking about how he wants to confess and why are rosey and jeongin acting strange?" seungmin asked angrily.

hyunjin understood what he was asking, or at least the most of what he was asking. he shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair as he realized he had to cope with all of this.

"rosey and jeongin split up three days ago. you didn't realize?"

seungmin's mouth dropped open, "they split up?! you've got to be lying to me!"

"i'm not lying," hyunjin said, shaking his head, "but i have no idea what you're talking about with jisung."

seungmin closed his eyes and exhaled deeply. everything that anybody he spoke to kept from him was no coming together in his mind. he took another long, deep breath before opening his eyes and moving to sit on the floor next to hyunjin.

the younger boy had serious eyes and the older boy understood it meant nothing good when seungmin got serious with him. seungmin shook his head in disbelief as he considered everything.

"jisung wants to confess."

"to who?" hyunjin asked, denying his thoughts.

seungmin scoffed, "who do you think? he has been hyping himself up about confessing to rosey."

after seungmin told him the news, hyunjin jumped to his feet nearly instantly. seungmin couldn't tell if hyunjin was angry or shocked, but when the two were combined, hyunjin looked just like that.

"is he an idiot?!" hyunjin shouted.

the older boy knelt down to pick up his phone, quickly unlocking it and dialing jisung's number. seungmin stood up and grabbed the boy's wrist in response to his actions.

"i don't think he'll actually confess to her."

hyunjin paused for a while to consider it. after a few seconds, he yanked his wrist free from seungmin's grasp and resumed typing the number.

"he will. jisung acts on impulse with his crush on rosey, don't you recall that day we were trainees at the cafe down the street?"

"do you mean when you and jisung fought over her? yeah, i recall it as if it were yesterday." seungmin sarcastically stated.

hyunjin rolled his eyes and held the ringing phone to his ears, "no, forget that! that time he took her to a cafe as trainees to randomly confess, but he ended up embarrassing himself and never got to."

"okay?" seungmin shrugged his shoulders, "so he didn't, which validates my point!"

"sure, but he set it all up and planned on confessing if he didn't end up dumping that— jisung? hello, jisung!" hyunjin answered.

seungmin stood next to hyunjin, his ear to the phone, listening intently. jisung was already chatting a lot when he picked up.

"you called?"

"oh, yeah! what is this about you confessing to rosey that i've heard?"

seungmin's eyes widened. jisung had merely told him about his plan and now he appeared to be a traitor by going and telling hyunjin.

seungmin smacked the boy's arm, whispering, "way to be discrete!"

hyunjin waved seungmin off, patting the region where he had been hit. jisung let out an audible sigh, clearly irritated with this conversation.

"it has nothing to do with you."

"it has everything to do with me. as a friend, i'm not going to let you confess to the girl who just got broken up with."

"you're making it sound horrible."

"that's because it is, jisung! you want to confess after she just ended a relationship? are you insane?"

seungmin grasped hyunjin's wrist once more and took the phone away from his ear. he took initiative to put the call on speaker so he could hear as well.

"i know you like her too, which is why you're trying to stop me."

hyunjin scoffed, "listen to yourself! whatever, we fought over her. you can't possibly be confessing to her. she's not going to take it well!"

"this is something i've wanted to do for years, hyunjin."

"yes, we both have. she does, however, enjoy jeongin. she's really upset about it and our interference will only make things worse for her."

another defeated sigh was heard over the phone. jisung cut the call just as hyunjin felt it was coming to an end. hyunjin's sense of peace was shattered because he had no idea what jisung was going to do.

"call him back." seungmin pushed the phone to hyunjin.

hyunjin snatched the phone and hurled it against the couch. in annoyance, he raked his fingers through his hair, his gaze fixed on seungmin in the mirror.

"why don't we give him a call? we're not going to let him confess." seungmin proposed.

hyunjin's arms dropped to his sides and he sighed angrily, "because whatever he does is his responsibility. if he decides to screw this up with rosey, he can't claim i didn't warm him. allow him to humiliate himself again."

"everything is off course," seungmin explained, "let's not start this conflict between you and jisung over rosey again!"

at this point, hyunjin was enraged and launched a kick in the air. he turned to face seungmin, almost losing balance.

"can you please stop saying that?" hyunjin shouted, "i've learned to let her go, you know who hasn't, jisung!"

in defense, seungmin raised his hands, "i apologize if i offended you. but you're starting to battle over the common ground, which is rosey."

hyunjin came to a halt and sighed heavily. even though his head was racing with thoughts, he calmed his body. he paused for a while to consider everything.

"you're right." hyunjin admitted.

he desired nothing more than rosey's happiness. she wasn't right now, especially after her breakup. he wished he could tell her how he felt, exactly like jisung, but he couldn't.

hyunjin knew she was hooked on jeongin and would always be. he wasn't going to upset her any further by telling her that jisung liked her too.

a sigh from his lips once again and he shook his head. he exited the room without a word.