snow

##; | january 31st,, 2021.

jeongin rushed up to rosey and hovered his hands both in front of her and behind her

jeongin rushed up to rosey and hovered his hands both in front of her and behind her. in a panic, he was performing this action roughly every two minutes.

"nabi, if you keep pretending to skate on this ice, you're going to fall." she ignored his warnings to stop running ahead of him as he scolded her.

"no, i'm not!"

she made a poor decision by swiftly turning to look at him.

"you are, indeed, a baby," as he witnessed his girlfriend fall to her knees and come into touch with the icy pavement, jeongin paused mid-sentence, "what did i say?"

he raced over to his girlfriend after proving her wrong. he knelt down and pulled her back up to her feet by encircling her waist with one of his arms. she slowly stood up and turned to face her boyfriend.

he couldn't help but notice how lovely she was in this situation. how her hair was a mess from the fall, how the tip of her nose and cheeks was pink from shame and how cold it was, and how she bite the corner of her lip in pain.

he provoked her by asking, "did that hurt?"

jeongin brushed her curly hair away from her face with his free hand. she nodded and turned her head away from her boyfriend as she made an effort to escape his hold on her waist.

the fall kept playing over and over in rosey's head. from the moment she began to question him until she slipped on there chilly pavement.

the couple strolled silently side by side. as they made their way to their destination, jeongin would occasionally poke her arm with his elbow, but he stopped when he got no response from her.

"you don't have to be embarrassed," after convincing her to hold his hand, he began swinging their connected hands dramatically to try and get her to loosen up, "i've seen you fall before." 

as she observed how her boyfriend raised their hands in the air, she stifled a hushed laugh when he nearly tripped from not paying attention to his steps.

combining the two clumsiest individuals always made for an entertaining time. no matter how much of a mess was created, it was always enjoyable. one would fall, the other would trip, and the cycle of falling would never end.

they went silent once again. jeongin drew nearer to the short girl while bringing their intertwined hands to their sides. the only sounds in the area were the cautious treading of tires on the snow and the crunching of the couple's shoes in the snow.

white specks started to appear in front of rosey's eyes and rest on her eyelashes. she raised her head towards the sky and observed the snowflakes starting to fall.

it was unquestionably a wonderful sight.

she took her free hand from her warm pocket and let the snowflakes fall and melt in her palm. she was aware of how cold her other hand had become as she concentrated on the sensation.

the tips of her fingers were starting to feel like ice even though she might have been clutching jeongin's hand. she was without gloves, and trust, jeongin also scolded her for that.

the air was chilly, and as each minute went by, the speed of the snowflakes increased. the couple's dark hair was where the white snowflakes first settled before soon melting.

jeongin was unable to look away from his girlfriend. while he was ensuring her safety when she was moving through the snow, another part of him was envious of how beautiful she looked in the cold.

her pink cheeks were cold, as evidence by the way the snowflakes covered them, the way she tried to warm them up by pressing her free hand against them, and the way she kept turning to face the sky to watch the event unfold. 

all was at peace at the moment.

jeongin kissed the side of her head as he leaned in close to her. after a protracted period of stillness, rosey murmured to him an assortment of words to break the ice.

when his girlfriend continued to walk away from him, jeongin halted in his tracks and said, "you're hair is so pretty like this." he then drew her back to him.

he released her hand, then raised his hand slowly to her face. when his hands left her line of sight, rosey continued to look at her partner.

"like what?" she questioned.

jokingly responding, "full of snowflakes," jeongin carefully fluffed her dark brown hair while some of the snowflakes fell to the ground.

just as she turned away from her partner to look at herself on her phone's camera, she was smacked in the stomach by a handful of snow. she took a step back, tucked her phone back in her pocket, and stared at her boyfriend's smirk.

"hey!" rosey yelled as she knelt down and gathered her own handful of snow, "what was that for?"

jeongin responded with a playful shrug and laughed as he observed her form the snow she had into a tiny ball. he didn't anticipate her exacting rapid retaliation, but he found it cute that she was making every effort to get back at him.

she patted the snow into a small ball, raised her arm, and tossed the snow in the opposite direction. when the snow fell over jeongin's arm, it adhered to his black clothing.

with her hands extended in front of her and the snow melting off her palms, rosey laughed. she knelt down again, this time to add more snow.

jeongin used this chance to sneakily take a few pictures of his girlfriend having fun in the snow on his phone. later that evening, when he posts them to instagram, she wouldn't even be aware of his activities.

he reluctantly moved over to where she was shoveling snow away from her while tucking his phone, which had the fresh photos on its camera roll, into his pocket.

everything was better like this.