butterfly

##; | april 17th,, 2018.

   after their time in japan, stray kids' were finally back in south korea

after their time in japan, stray kids' were finally back in south korea. their trip was incredible, but the feeling of comfort they felt when they entered the dorm and climbed into their beds trumped everything.

the youngest members of the group were informed, two days after their return, that they would be attending school nearly every day this week due to their absence from the trip.

they would usually only go one or two days a week because their career made it difficult for them to attend school. this was different and each member of the maknae line was now stressed about school.

rosey sat at the desk in the room she shared with jeongin, hyunjin, and jisung. because no one else was in the room with her, she decided to use the time to study for an upcoming test.

she borrowed school books from the boys in her class. since she had finished one book, she pushed it to the top corner of the desk, and the other was overlapping the first.

something didn't seem right with the girl lately, at least according to her members. rosey was just starting to open up and form close bonds with everyone, but she abruptly stopped forcing herself to do so. she drew her energy back.

she wished to be alone more frequently, as she had been when they all first met. she preferred to be in the most tranquil and serene settings. because of her personality, noise often overwhelmed her, and she need an escape from it.

she was preoccupied with the papers in front of her. the lights in the bedroom were dimmed, creating a dark and cozy atmosphere. the moonlight was barely visible through the curtains she had drawn earlier, but the small amount of light that passed through added to the coziness that surrounded her.

as she dropped the pen she had been using on the desk, she pulled the sleeves of her oversized tan hoodie over her hands. her covered hands reached up to her hair, pushing stray curls away from her eyes.

only minutes after she fixed her hair did rosey's studying session come to a halt. the creek of the floor near the shared bedroom enterance had startled her. her head quickly turned to see the door open and a familiar face peeking through the crack.

"nabi?" the tall, black-haired, boy whispered into the room. he walked in and softly shut the door behind him.

their gazes locked and she responded to him with a hum. as she turned her chair to face him, her hands fell flat on her lap.

"it seems comfortable in here," he said softly.

"very!" she exclaimed, her smile flashing for a second.