collab

##; | january 9th,, 2020.

rosey and yeji were inseparable bestfriends during their trainee days

rosey entered the new and unfamiliar jyp entertainment building. she had arrived from japan the day before and today was her first official day as a trainee in the south korea building.

when she opened the door, she was met with cold air, in stark contrast to the warm weather outside. her gaze wandered through the beautifully decorated halls and landed on another girl walking towards her.

she kept her gaze fixed on the ground, avoiding eye contact with the trainee walking in the opposite direction. the trainee, on the other hand, politely stopped rosey.

"do you happen to be a new trainee here?" the long black haired girl inquired, "they are transferring here today from the japan branch, does that happen to be you?"

rosey nodded her head, "that's me."

the girl noticed rosey's obvious shyness when she tried to ask a few more questions. rosey's gaze strayed and her hands fidgeted in front of her. the trainee reached out her hand.

"my name is yeji." she smiled and waited for rosey to take her hand.

rosey did, hesitantly, "my name is nabi."

"nabi? that is absolutely adorable!"

rosey finally looked yeji in the eyes and smiled. yeji mentally congratulated herself for making the shy girl to smile at her. before asking rosey a question, their hands dropped to their sides, and yeji fixed her own hair.

"would you like to practice together? there are only a few hours left of practice, and i would love to show you around." she said excited.

rosey agreed, "sure!"

the day they met in 2015 would lead to one of the most genuine friendships seen in k-pop. when they were separated during the 2017 survival show, they began their journey of supporting one another from afar.

they had been by each other's sides for two years, so being apart was difficult for them. they took each step together, from the moment they met to the moment they were divided into different teams.

today would be another exciting practice session for them. an online k-pop article named some of jyp's most eager idols. comments on the article requested collabs between idols from the same company, with rosey and yeji being the most requested.

jyp used the opportunity to give the fans what they wanted. he contacted the managers of itzy and stray kids, informing them that the girls would be working on a collaboration to perform at an upcoming award show.

both girls were overjoyed at the news. they got together almost immediately and began brainstorming ideas and practicing.

today was their second-to-last practice session for the live performance in a week. they were given a break a little over halfway through their session.

"are you nervous?" yeji asked as she followed rosey to the couch in the corner.

"very."

"i think we will do great!"

rosey smiled and nodded. they put on amazing performances together as trainees, and she had no doubt that they would do so again this time.

"i'm so happy we get to perform together again." rosey admitted as she watched yeji take a water out of her bag.

she twisted the cap off, "me too! it's been so long since we even practiced in the same room."

the two idols would be presenting two distinct concepts. they were performing a cover of iu's song, blueming, which was a cute and refreshing idea. their second concept was more mature, highlighting their dancing abilities.

"what if we mess up on stage?" rosey asked.

"if we do," yeji said, setting down her water bottle, "we just keep going like nothing happened."

rosey smiled as yeji stood up and moved her bag to the far side of the couch. she extended her hand to rosey and pulled the girl up when their hands connected.

"trust me, everything will be perfect!" yeji assured as she embraced the girl.

rosey mumbled into her best friend's shirt, "alright."

when they separated, their managers walked back into the room and rushed the girls back to practice. they had used up more than their five minute break.

"after practice, let's go get something to eat so we can actually talk." yeji suggested, glaring at the managers making themselves comfortable on the other side of the room.

"yeah, let's do that." rosey agreed.

the two girls walked beside each other to the computer to prepare their songs, picking up the microphones they used to sing iu's song. yeji quickly moved the mouse around, opening apps.

"where should we go?" yeji asked.

rosey scratched her head and shrugged her shoulders, "i'm not sure. what about that new place around the corner?"

yeji looked at her, puzzled, "what new place?"

"do you remember that old jewelry store that was around the block?" rosey asked and yeji responded with a nod, "they removed that, like, three months ago, and turned it into a cafe spot."

yeji clicked on blueming's video on youtube. in the time between, an ad appeared, and the two moved to the center of the practice floor.

"sure, let's try it out!"

rosey and yeji exchanged nods. their plan for eating out after practice was made and now all they have to do is complete the next hour successfully.