clingy

##; | february 28th,, 2019.

chan's weekly lives were always entertaining and reassuring to fans who tuned in weekly

chan's weekly lives were always entertaining and reassuring to fans who tuned in weekly. rosey enjoyed them as well; she used them as background noise when her study schedule coincided with her leader's weekly vlives.

it gave her the impression that someone was present during her exhausting concentration.

rosey was invited to join him on this week's live. she accepted the offer in the morning and was impatient the rest of the day. she waited for her friend, sunny, to leave the dorms so she could go to chan's studio.

rosey sat in one of the big black chairs behind chan and began talking to him. fans noticed how much she spoke up and made jokes, which was a side chan could only encourage.

rosey kept her gaze fixed on chan when she spoke, even when responding to a fan's comment. it caused her anxiety to remain stable and her shynes to recede. when she looked into the camera, her smile was bright and she waved shyly every now and then.

chan leaned against his desk, attempting to read some comments. as he looked for the perfect one, he mumbled some under his breath.

"is rosey really that clingy?"

it was an english comment and they even ended their sentence with a mad emoji. in his mind, chan questioned the commenter. she wasn't clingy at the moment, so where did they get this idea?

the girl squinted her eyes at the screen and happened to read the same comment. her lips formed the word, but her mind couldn't grasp what the english term meant.

"clingy?" rosey asked, "what does that mean?"

chan turned to face the girl and translated the word into korean, needing to explain it further in sentence use.

she nodded at the new vocabulary word she had learned in both korean and english, tilting her head slightly and returning her gaze to the live screen.

chan did the same thing. instead of leaning in, he sat back in his chair and sighed, placing his hands on his stomach.

"rosey can be "clingy", if that's the word you want to use," chan explained, throwing air quotes around the term, "but she just prefers to be around the people she knows and displays her affection via actions."

as he spoke to the camera, rosey nodded. true, she enjoyed being in the company of her friends. they made her feel quite protected and at ease in her own skin.

she often claims she wants her friends (and significant other) to show their love for her, not just tell her all the time.

as a result, she gives the same affection she wants to receive.

this has been something that the members have enjoyed ever since they discovered why she gives affection so much. however, this has been difficult for some members to adjust to. . . jeongin, her boyfriend.

jeongin struggled to accept all of the affection and would sit in his room, worried if his lack of affection made rosey feel unwanted. he learnt her methods after a few months and treats her with the expectations she puts out.

"can she be less clingy?" chan's tone changed from a calm tone to an annoyed one.

"she's okay, it's affection. we have no right to change someone." his eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head.

chan's blood began to boil as a result of those remarks. not only about his sweetest member, but also about any of his members. they all put in so much effort just to be constantly dragged down by a small group of negative fans.

he wished he could shield them from the hatred they are subjected to.

"i think i'm going to step out," rosey said quietly to her leader, motioning to the door, "i need a drink, maybe. . . the chocolate milk from that corner store down the street!"

chan chuckled at the girl's sudden excitement over something as small as chocolate milk. after all, it was her favorite beverage. he knew, however, that the real reason she was leaving was to avoid further discussion of negative comments.

"that's fine, go ahead." he smiled as he waved her off.

rosey waved goodbye to the camera and exited the studio. she turned away and combed her fingers through her hair as she quietly closed the door behind her.

she sighed and began to walk towards the building's front door.