isac

##; | september 12th,, 2019.

rosey was attending isac for the first time

rosey was attending isac for the first time. . . sadly. the rest of her group would be attending for the second time, but rosey was unable to attend the first time due to her injuries and hospital stay.

the crowd, staff, and other idols had no idea what rosey was capable of. she had never been in the floor in a competition before, it was nerve wracking for her and exciting for the others.

rosey always had an amazing talent when it came to aiming. she didn't always make a shot, but she damn near made every one she tried. it was truly amazing watching her do simple tricks like throwing something into the trash from a distance.

her competition placement: archery.

the members were sitting on the sidelines, just rows in front of their fans. they watched as their member, hyunjin, sprinted across the track for the 60m race.

her eyes followed him as he came to a stop, he leaned down to catch him breath and then made his way to the rest of the group. when he joined them, he sat on the end beside rosey.

"are you next to compete?" he asked, sipping his water.

rosey nodded her head, "yeah."

her finger tips tapped against the fabric of her colored pants and she bounced her right leg up and down as she grew more nervous by the second.

two of her fellow members would join her on the floor as they would also be competing for their team, felix and ___. they all sat side by side as the team they were against was introduced, nct.

"i'm really scared." rosey whispered to felix.

he turned his head to face the girl and patted her back, "you'll do fine. just focus on the camera."

"what camera?"

"that one," felix pointed to the archery boards, "there is a small camera in the middle, just focus on that."

she nodded, her hands starting to intertwine and play with each other now. she listened to the overhead voice telling the competing idols that they would be playing for points, how many, and what would be of the winner.

rosey was the first to represent her team and she was up against nct member doyoung, who she was very familiar with from her haechan visits.

she made sure her feet were behind the white line or else a penalty would be given. the young girl watched doyoung play first, the way he pulled the arrow back and released it with ease.

nine.

the applause filled the arena, echoing. once the noise died down, she was up to try. she did as she learnt a few weeks ago. line up, pull back, and release.

eight.

it was a slim difference by the end of their second round. doyoung hit a ten, totaling nineteen points. rosey hit a ten, totaling eighteen points.

their third arrow left them in a tie. both of them held a score of twenty-seven.

"alright, players," leeteuk, the host, spoke above, "this is the last shot for your play."

rosey became more antsy, unable to stand still. her body swayed side to side as she watched doyoung lift his bow for the last time.

nine.

rosey prepared herself for the last shot. lined up, she was finalizing her aim, and finally let go of her bow.

it was a second that went by and suddenly there was a gasp and the crowd became to clap. she couldn't even comprehend what happened when she noticed the arrow went through the middle.

"did she hit it?" one host yelled into the mic.

one of the staff members on the floor ran to the archery board. they crouched down behind it, the arrow being thrown off to the side of the floor. the staff stood, held the small black camera up in the air, and gave a thumbs up.

"she hit the camera!" the hosts yelled together.

rosey's panic set in.

"was i supposed to hit the camera, wait," her thoughts made her breathing quicken as she glanced towards felix, "he told me to, i think it's okay. is it?"

felix stood after realizing the girl's panic stare. his hand landed on her back as he leaned close to whisper into her ear over the noise.

"you did great! don't worry about the camera, if you hit it that's even more points. you are allowed to hit it." he backed away and smiled, patting her shoulder.

she nodded and smiled, both at him and back at her members on the sidelines. her hands that were wrapped around the bow tightly finally loosened up as she walked back to the seats.

it was felix's chance to represent their team and she gave the bow over to him.

"that was an amazing shot." __ leaned over the empty seat and complimented the girl.

she smiled shyly, "thank you."

rosey's first isac competition would forever hold a special place in her heart. it was a day that left her proud of herself and left so many others in love with her talent.