i'll be fine

##; | february 2nd,, 2019.

"don't worry! i've been fine for five days!" rosey yelled across the room to the boy

"i can't!" jeongin responded, "what if this happens again?"

he approached the girl sitting on the bed and took her hand in his.

"i promise, i'm fine." she assured her boyfriend.

he was disappointed that he couldn't do anything more to protect her. there was an ongoing investigation to find whoever did this, but he wanted to know everything and make sure she was safe.

they were sitting next to each other on the hospital bed where she had spent the entire week. the two were waiting for the nurses' next steps as well as for their members to return from the cafeteria.

the nurses came in a few times, while the other members were gone, to teach rosey how to care for her injuries. during this time, jeongin concentrated on how to change her bandages and apply medicine in case she forgot.

they also informed her that the bruises would be painful for the next few days but would gradually fade on their own.

jeongin was now up and pacing back and forth, becoming increasingly impatient as he awaited their next instructions.

rosey spoke quietly, "jeongin," motioning him over with her hands.

he took a step in front of her and leaned in when she allowed him to. he was perplexed as he asaited her next words.

there were, however, no words. rosey made the unexpected decision to kiss the boy on the lips to help calm him down. when she pulled away, jeongin remained in a hunched position, his eyes wide with surprise.

when he finally returned to reality, he tilted his head, a smile on his face. he pecked her cheek and stood tall once again.

a voice yelling the girl's name from outside the door cut into their moment.

"nabi! are you ready to leave?" felix cracked the door open to speak more clearly.

"yeah, almost." rosey said, nodding as if he could see her.

when rosey heard the door close, she jumped to her feet and began getting her belongings together. jeongin stopped her and held her arms by her side before she could even walk away from the bed.

"i'll get everything ready while you stay here." he pointed to the bed.

she objected. she appreciated her boyfriend's assistance, but she was also capable of doing it herself. he, on the other hand, was not about to give up without a fight. he eventually won and she watched him pack up.

jeongin handed her her clothes, an oversized white long-sleeved shirt and gray sweatpants. she took the boy's folded clothes and went to the bathroom to change.

rosey shut the door behind her and looked in the mirror, making eye contact with herself. the thin white bandages wrapped around her inner arms were visible in her peripheral vision. the thought of the attack made her sigh.

her hands slowly unfolded the shirt and pulled it over her head, resting it atop her white tank-top from the day before.

after changing into her gray pants, she ran her fingers through her hair. her hands laid down the dark brown fly aways from her shirt, which she quickly pulled over her hair.

rosey took a hesitant step out of the bathroom and into the room where her boyfriend was waiting. jeongin pointed to the bag he had packed for her, saying it was finished and there was nothing else for her to worry about.

she gave him a soft smile and thanked him. he stood there watching as she walked in front of him to get her bag.

"do you feel any pain?" he asked, his hand resting on her lower back as he led her out of the room.

"no, i'm feeling. . . okay right now." rosey said, shaking her head.

she carried the bag over her shoulder and shook her hands in front of her torso. the two met up with the other members and proceeded to the vans waiting outside.

when they arrived at the dorms, rosey went straight to her room. she sat on her bed and closed her eyes, taking in the relaxing atmosphere.

there was no pain right now and she was relieved to be home.

"finally!"