twice

##; | january 28th,, 2019.

rosey walked back and forth through the stray kids' dorm rooms

rosey walked back and forth through the stray kids' dorm rooms. her forearms and shoulders were covered in clothing. she had been looking for a few things since they returned to south korea from indonesia.

she looked down at the hoodie in her hands as she prepared to enter her shared room. she came to a halt; this was not her hoodie.

"this isn't mine," she mumbled, "whose is this?"

as she stood in the doorway, jeongin overheard her. his gaze was drawn to the dark green hoodie she was perplexed about.

"i gave it to you the other day because you were cold." he replied.

"oh!" she cracked a smile.

she extended her arm and handed the boy his hoodie. he declined it again, wanting her to keep it because he knew she'd want it back one day. he was aware that it was her favorite of his hoodies.

rosey didn't fight him because she knew she couldn't win. he'd keep declining no matter how much she pouted or pushed the hoodie at him. she piled her clothes at the foot of her bed.

another member, who was their roommate, entered the room. jisung walked past the girl's bed and sat alone on his own, staring at the pile of clothes. his perplexed gaze met jeongin's across the room and the youngest shook his head, indicating that he, too, was confused.

"what are you doing?" jisung asked as he watched her folding some of her clothes.

she paused her activity, turned to face the boy, and shrugged, "why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"perhaps because you are pacing around the dorm with piles of clothes." jeongin answered.

true, rosey nodded slowly. her hands grasped the green hoodie she'd mention earlier, her arms tucked inside the fabric as she pulled it over her head. her hair was a mess as she pulled her head through the hole.

"i knew it!"

rosey's hands smoothed out any wrinkles in the hoodie's fabric. her gaze shifted to the boy behind her.

"what?"

"i knew you'd wear it today," jeongin said with a smile, "so why even try to give it back?"

rosey was at a loss of words, but she knew he wasn't looking for a genuine response. he was teasing her, attempting to make her blush and become shy. she looked cute in his hoodie, which was her favorite.

a second voice interrupted the couple's brief moment of laughter.

"so, what's with all the clothes?" jisung asked.

rosey returned her gaze to the same-aged boy. her fingers fiddled with the hoodie's strings, her hair was still tangled, and her gaze darted back and forth between the pile of clothes and the boy in front of her.

"i need to find something to wear." she replied.

her hands slipped from the strings and landed on top of the clothing. she started digging through them again, folding a few here and there.

jeongin was taken aback by her words. she told him that she didn't have any plans and wouldn't be going anywhere. to get her attention, he tilted his head and pulled at the back of her hoodie.

"what do you mean you need to find something to wear?" he asked, making eye contact with her as she looked over at him, "where are you going?"

rosey's hands vanished as the sleeves slid down and covered them.

"i made plans to go hang out with sana-unnie later," she spoke softly, "is that okay?"

he drew his hand back and let go of the hoodie. "whatever you want to do," he shrugged, "i just wanted to know because you didn't have plans earlier.

rosey quickly clarified.

"unnie made these plans only a few minutes after telling you i'd be free all day, i meant to tell you! do you want to do something today? i can reschedule with unnie, i'm sure she wouldn't—"

jeongin calmed her down by softly calling her name. she pressed her lips together to prevent any more word from escaping.

"i don't have anything planned, but that's fine. i just wanted to know what you are going to be up to so i can make sure you are safe." jeongin elaborated.

rosey nodded one more. in the meantime of listening to jeongin, she decided that her current outfit, a light washed pair of jeans and jeongin's green oversized hoodie, was appropriate for a casual outing. her feet took her to the top of her bed, where she grabbed a bag she had left on the floor.

the accessory was a perfect match for the outfit and jisung seemed to agree with his compliment!

"are you leaving right now?" jisung asked, looking down at his phone.

it was nearly six o'clock when rosey looked down at the alarm clock on the beside table.

"i am."

jeongin pushed himself out of his bed and followed her out of the room. his hand was on the small of her back, gently guiding her to all of the shoes that blocked the main entrance hallway.

he took a step back as she bent down to grab her white converse. she slipped easily into them and was stopped before she could bend down again to tie them. jeongin's hand encircled her arm and gently drew her back.

"i'll tie your shoes for you." he spoke.

she shook her head and turned down his offer. he had done so much for her that she didn't want him to be concerned about her shoe laces right now.

"you don't need to."

"i'll tie your shoe laces while you stand there looking pretty."

rosey was at a loss for words. that was cute; he thought she was beautiful right then and there. jeongin thought she was beautiful all the time, every place, and everywhere; he just couldn't bring himself to tell her.

he stood up again and looked at her after he finished tying her laces. she was about to say her goodbyes so she could get going when he noticed her movements and stepped out of her way. she slipped out of the dorm after flashing him a heart with her fingers.

rosey walked up the few flights of stairs in the dorm building, where sana and a few other twice members lived. rosey finally arrived at sana's dorm and knocked hesitantly.

she could hear footsteps scurrying across the room on the other side of the door. rosey was greeted by her new friends when the door finally opened.

"welcome, rosey!" sana exclaimed loudly.

as she walked into the twice dorms with an invitation, the younger bowed several times.

"we have so much to do, where do we begin?" as the door closed behind her, sana exclaimed enthusiastically.