this can't be true

##; | january 29th,, 2019.

the eight boys who hadn't seen their female member in over twenty four hours were on the verge of panic

the eight boys who hadn't seen their female member in over twenty four hours were on the verge of panic. they were all aware that she intended to spend the night, but when chan messaged her to check in around midnight, she didn't respond.

he had given her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she was sleeping, but now that it was one o'clock in the afternoon, he was concerned. even if it was hours later, she would have responded by now.

"you don't believe she was hurt, do you?" the youngest leaned in close and whispered to seungmin.

the older one shook his head.

"no, she is one of the most sensitive people i have ever met. if she had been hurt, she would have called us right away." he reassured.

jeongin agreed and mumbled that she would. . . hopefully. on the inside, he was freaking out because his girlfriend had left the dorm last night and hasn't responded after midnight. that wasn't like her and he knew it.

changbin had started pacing a few minutes before. everyone was silent, which made him even more worried than he should have been. he spoke as he extended his arms in front of himself.

"she stopped responding at midnight? perhaps she fell asleep and is still sleeping!"

"when has she ever slept in past eight in the morning?" jisung interrupted the older one.

changbin came to a halt and turned to face the boy. in order to calm his own mind, he had to recall a time when she had woken up late. he couldn't do it.

hyunjin was frantically dialing rosey's phone as he stood in the corner of the room. he was sent to voicemail three times before failing on his fourth attempt.

"she hasn't picked up yet, hyung."

"there is something wrong." minho said honestly, sighing.

"she's got to be sleeping or busy because she wouldn't just—"

minho stood up and stopped changbin in his tracks, grabbing him by the shoulders and speaking bluntly.

"sure, she wouldn't, but she has! there is a problem and we need to stop making excuses. she isn't sleeping and she isn't busy! she sends us messages all the time and then she stops? this isn't right!"

it's exactly what they didn't want to hear.

"he's right," chan said slowly, "the question now is, why wouldn't sana call us is something happened?"

minho's gaze was drawn to the leader, who was bouncing his leg on the couch. he mentally connected two dots. something was wrong if she didn't respond. it was bad enough that no one was telling them what happened.

minho mumbled, "because they don't want us to know."

the others questioned him because he spoke too quietly. minho looked around at the six people in front of him and pushed the one standing beside him to the side as a result of his unexpected realization.

"they don't want us to know!"

hyunjin's phone rang, almost as if it were on cue. the tall boy's hand darted to the illuminated screen and rushed to answer the call from the girl he had been attempting to contact.

"rosey?"

the boys all noticed hyunjin's face change to one of confusion. the low mumbles of the person on the other end they hoped was rosey.

"it's sana, not rosey. we are rushing out of the dorms and her phone was the only one one i could find. could i please speak with chan?"

her voice sounded trembling and panicked he hummed back and pushed the phone towards the oldest in the room.

chan quickly grabbed the phone and lifted it to his ear. he greeted the girl in hushed tones and immediately inquired as to where rosey was, what had happened, and why she hadn't been responding.

the girl on the other end of the line went silent.

"i need you to tell me!"

the soft mumbles began to come through the phone once more. chan scoffed, his head bowed, and his eyes fixed on the floor. on top of his knee, his free hand was balled into a fist.

the leader didn't bother to say goodbye; instead, he ended the call as soon as he was informed of what was going on. the phone was tossed to his side, bouncing on the soft couch.

as he stood up, the leader only said, "get ready."

the group watched as the oldest's rage overtook him. felix followed chan into his room to find out what had happened.

"what's going on, hyung?" felix asked.

"just get ready." chan said sternly.

chan started blaming himself, saying he should have done something sooner. he should have called someone else when she acted out of character by not responding.

the boys did as they were told and went to their respective rooms. when they all gathered in the dorm living room, they began questioning the oldest.

"what happened to rosey?" asks jisung first.

"was that her on the phone?" asked seungmin.

finally, jeongin, "is she all right?"

they were all hushed by chan. while he was thinking about one of his missing members, the questions became overwhelming. his hands rubbed down his cheeks, and he exhaled loudly.

"rosey is at the hospital. . ."