Forty

[Third person]

"Today is the day..."

Jimin stared at the calendar infront of him with a circle around today's date reading, "Wedding Day!" Along with many red hearts around it.

Jimin sighed, it wasn't the fact that he dreaded this date it was the fact that he knew he would end up messing up the wedding somehow.

He looked over to where Yoongi was, he had such a wide smile on his face. Jimin couldn't help but smile as well, he knew they both were waiting for this very day and he didn't want to ruin it for either of them.

Yoongi grabbed his coat and looked over towards Jimin, "Want to come along?"

Jimin walked towards Yoongi, "Where to?"

Yoongi looked at the time, "Picking out the cake and such, so would you like to?"

Jimin nodded and grabbed his coat, Yoongi held onto Jimin's hand as they made their way to his car.

Jimin and Yoongi both couldn't decide what flavor their cake should be, they wanted it to be to everyone's liking but without really knowing their guests preference they struggled a bit.

"What if some, or many just don't like the flavor of chocolate in their cake?"

Yoongi took his hat off and ran his fingers through his hair, "Well if I was there I wouldn't like it. It would be too much for me, but what if we just pick a simple cake like vanilla? Well on second thought what if it's to... boring?"

"Well Yoongi this is our wedding, and you don't like chocolate, so chocolate isn't an option."

Jimin looked at the lady standing there quietly, "I'm sorry, I know we are being very complicated... but what do you think we should go with?"

She smiled softly and stood in between Jimin and Yoongi to show them some designs of cakes, "Well you can never go wrong with red velvet. It's a good choice and mostly to everyone's liking, the cake design doesn't have to have red on the outside. It can be just white and when you cut it open the vibrant color of the cake will stand out. These are some of the designs we can use for your cake, or if you would like it in color I can show you those if you'd like."

Jimin looked at the designs along with Yoongi, he wanted to make sure Yoongi would agree with his choice but he also didn't want to force his decision onto him either.

"Alright so we have everything set, oh gosh I feel more nervous now since we did that last minute..."

Jimin put his hand over Yoongi's thigh and gave him a reassuring smile, "It'll be okay, they said they would have it done and I'm positive they would  do aboustly everything to make sure of that."

Jimin looked ahead and smiled to himself, "I mean they even got something done in under an hour after telling them the same day to make a cake for me and Dong Soo's anniversa-"

Jimin stopped himself and slowly felt Yoongi take his hand off his thigh. He stayed quiet, he knew Yoongi was irritated at the fact that he was talking about Dong Soo on their wedding day.

Jimin shaked his head slightly and looked out through the window, "I'm sorry..."

"It's fine... I guess I can see why you're still talking and thinking about him, but it would be nice for you... to stop you know?"

Jimin clenched his fist tightly in his hoodie pocket, "Yeah... I know but it's hard to forget about him so quickl-"

"It's not that hard, my mother forgot about me so fast... and don't even pull the "you don't know how it feels" crap. I know how it feels and I too forgot about her."