Coldness and Warmth

Coldness and Warmth

Zen's POV

"We shouldn't extend our unwanted welcome. We should get going." His eminence said and I nodded. I had no wish to stay here any longer....especially after seeing Conrad here and the mess that his majesty had caused. As well as that, we have yet to find a trace of Yuki anywhere.

I got into the carriage that Mr Fan Fan had arranged for us and watched as Yozak place his majesty on the seat. I turned around as he shut the door when I noticed a figure come close... a small, blue-haired figure...

"Yuki?" I heard myself yell and the door to the Carriage opened. "Zen, whats...? Princess!" Yozak's eyes went wide when he saw the princess. "Zen?" She said in a hoarse voice and she coughed. She swayed and fell forward. I was already running before even she could open her mouth.

"Yuki!" I called out and everyone around us looked up.

I got to her and turned her on her front. She was freezing and she was shivering. Her breathing was hard and she didn't look good at all. "Ka-chan!" His Eminence called and got down next to me.

"We need to get her warm! She's so cold!"

I said and lady Telly came running to us too. Though once she got a 'good luck' she stopped a little in her tracks. "Oh my! Is she the princess I have heard so much about? So she does looks just like ..." She asked and I nodded.

Lady Telly took off her coat and put it on Yuki, it swallowing up her small frame, and I lifted her into my arms. We thanked Mr Fan Fan again and we got into the carriage. I put her down next to his majesty but Lady Telly touched my arm, though reluctantly, the looks I was getting from His Eminence and Yozak were enough to make me sweatdrop.

"You should hold onto her. That way she can get your body heat." She said and I didn't hesitate in pulling her close. I wasn't about to let Yozak or His Eminence hold her, and seeing as His Majesty was still out cold, she was staying right where she is.

I nodded and sat down with her on my lap and I wrapped my arms around her. She shivered in her unconscious state but shifted closer to get my body heat. I felt a wave of relief as she did, at least I knew she was warming up.

"Lord Bielefelt, can you heal her? At least a little?" I asked and he cursed under his breath.

"I can't use my magic on human lands." He said and I cursed as well. And of course, the only one who can just so happens to be knocked out cold. "Mother, won't you come with us?" Lord Beidefelt asked and Lady Telly smiled sadly.

"Oh don't worry Wolfie. I'll have Fan Fan bring me home." Then she looked at his majesty and walked to the window of the carriage.

"I'm sorry your majesty. Please forgive my Conrad. As he is my child, I accept his sins as mine." She said sadly and I saw Yozak clench his jaw. Not that I blame him. I'm just as angry at the whole situation.

Why would Conrad do such a thing? We all knew his loyalty and love to the Great Demon Kingdom... too ok Yuri and Yuki. So why?

.....

Yozak, Dacascos and Wolfram sat in front and lead the carriage while I sat inside with Yuki to warm her up, His Eminence next to me, Yuki's feet in his lap and His Majesty on the other side, out cold. The carriage began to move and I sat back as we took the route to get to Coloria where Lord von Voltaire and Lord von Chirst were waiting for us. But we had to stop midway and get off the carriage. If we continued, the soldiers of Big Cimeron would easily track us all down.

His majesty had awoken and he was worried and relieved at the same time when he saw his sister, though she looked bruised and ill, in my arms. Yuki wasn't as cold anymore and she had stopped shivering. But she was still unconscious and I was still going to carry her until I'm needed.