Chapter 25 - Can we still be like this?

[A/N: Hello. I miss you. 💜]

"Thank you for bringing me home Guk." Lisa said when Jeongguk started driving off from Taehyung's house. "I know deep inside that you somehow still care about me." She murmured with a hint of smile on her face, her hand settling on the other's thigh.

Jeongguk flinched from the action as he glared at her. "Get your filthy hands off me Lisa." He growled making the girl pull her hand away.

"I- I'm sorry. I'm just used to do that." She said, almost a whisper.

"That was before. You can't do that things to me from now on. I told you once and I'm telling you again, so listen. I don't have any feelings for you. I don't give a shit about you. So stay still and shut the fuck up until we reached your house or I'm gonna fucking leave you here." He threatened almost out of breath, eyes never leaving the road. "And don't assume things. We're far from what we were before. Stop assuming things. I'm bringing you home because Taehyung asked me to. Don't feel like you're someone special."

Lisa looked at him with teary eyes. "Gukkie, I'm-"

"Shut up!" He growled again.

Lisa pursed her lips as she blinked her tears away. She was hurt of his words but didn't comment either. She knows Jeongguk still hold grudges against her and she hopefully will change that soon.

Silence engulfed them and Jeongguk couldn't be more thankful for that.

He's still been thinking about the things Taehyung had told him that night. He just want to go back to him and tell him everything, pepper him with kisses and assurance that he's the one he likes now.

"I wish we could go back to the way we used to be Jeongguk. I missed you so much." Lisa's sobs break Jeongguk out of his trance.

"You know that can't happen." He replied with a monotonous voice.

"But why not? You know you're the one I always loved Guk-ah." She tried to reason out. "I chose you in the end Jeongguk."

"You chose me, but not in the right way Lisa. And I'm so stupid to accept you during that time." Jeongguk said letting out a fake chuckle. "I admit that I'm head over heels for you in the past. I settled for less than what I deserved. I let you have control over me, rule over me. I've been too blind to see how selfish of a person you are."

"Jeongguk please-"

"No. You're a selfish person Lisa. You are cruel. You played with our feelings knowing fully you have us wrapped around your fingers. And I hate you for that. But you know what? I hated myself more for loving you, for trusting you, for thinking that maybe we have a chance."

"Why do you make it sound like it was all my fault Jeongguk? You were happy when we were together." Lisa snapped back at him, wiping her tears harshly with the back of her hand.

Jeongguk scoffed. "I was happy because I didn't knew the truth back then."

"I told you the truth in the end and you still accepted me!" She retorted back.

"Hah! Because you told me you'll gonna break up with him and you just need to find the right time to do so." Jeongguk sigh in disbelief. "You chose me but you stayed with him! You fucking lied to me. And I can't believe I've been a selfish person because of you. I can't believe that I stoop that low just for you." He said, voice fill with anger and regrets.

"Jeongguk-"

"Stop this bullshit." Jeongguk snapped at her. "I'm not that stupid lovesick boy you can fool again. I won't believe your lies. Not after you made me feel like a fucking option, like being a second choice was the only thing I deserved. You ruined me and I'm so stupid to let you do that. You made me feel like I'm never good enough to be loved completely, to be choosen as the best, to be the fucking first in your list."