Chapter 27 - Shouldn't Bother

I'm sorry if this update will not meet your expectations. 😭

💫

"Baby, can I come in?" Chanyeol called out from the outside of Taehyung's room making the brunette sat up abruptly on his bed. He wiped his tears with the back of his hands as he hold back his sobs and sniffles.

"Just a second." He answered with a hoarse voice from crying for almost an hour.

He ran to his bathroom, washing up his face hoping it would somehow make him feel and look better. He sighed, seeing his eyes puffy and red, skin pale and chapped lips. He looked so lifeless.

He run his fingers through his messy hair before dragging his feet back to his door, opening it a little just enough for him to peek outside to see his cousin.

"Hi baby." Chanyeol greeted, smiling at him but his eyebrows instantly furrowed seeing his cousin's state.

"H-hello Channy." Taehyung greeted back in a soft voice.

He was surprised Chanyeol was here. He moved out about a month ago and stayed in an apartment with Baekhyun. He usually comes home every weekend and stay for a night or two, spending time with his mother and Taehyung.

"Can I come in?" He asked. "I think we need to talk."

"Uh-" Taehyung hesitated for a bit before sighing, opening up his door wider to let his cousin in.

They settled themselves in his bed, Taehyung fidgeting on his fingers anxiously while the other just stares at him.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol ask, ruffling his hair. "You've been so down lately. You know you can talk  to me right? We're all worried Tae."

Taehyung nodded. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you, I just- I don't know." He started. "I just- I miss mom and dad." He whispered, eyes now brimming with tears as he stare up at him.

"That's the reason why you've been down for almost a week now?" His cousin asked totally not believing him. "You're used of not seeing your parents all the time baby. You may be sad whenever they have to go to business trips but that usually last for like a day." Chanyeol pointed.

"You've been sad for a week now Tae. We know you've been crying yourself to sleep, mom told me she can hear you everynight and that may be true judging from all those dark circles around your red puffy eyes. You're also distracted in school and too quite which is odd. Now, tell me what's happening?" He demanded.

Taehyung remained silent as tears now stream down his face, some falling down on his clasped hands.

"Is this about Jeon? Did he hurt you? I swear I'm gonna kill him." Chanyeol hissed, hand forming into a fist. The brunette shakes his head frantically, holding back his cousin.

"N-no, no Chan. He didn't do anything. This is not just about him." He stuttered through his tears. Chanyeol looked at him worriedly before sighing.

Jeongguk never stopped messaging Taehyung since that night, saying sorry's for a hundred of times almost everyday. He also never fails to send the brunette flowers with cute little notes so you can usually see Taehyung holding  boquet of flowers in school. He also constantly checks on him with Jin and Jimin knowing fully that they kept in contact with the Taehyung.

"I'm sorry Taehyung." He apologizes for losing his temper. "But please, tell me what is this all about baby. We've been so worried about you, even Baek has been crying. Please, tell me baby so I can help." He pleaded, pulling the now crying boy on his arms.