Chapter 26 - Goodbye Kiss

[A/N: Double update because I love you. 💜]

Jeongguk jog to the driver's seat side and open the door before sliding in. They were silent for a moment, Taehyung being still embarrassed and Jeongguk not knowing how to start telling him.

"Did you brought Lisa home?" Taehyung asked breaking the silence between them.

"No, dropped her somewhere." He replied, sighing again.

"What? Why? What do you mean somewhere?"

"We just had an argument and I just got pissed off and told her to get out of my car." Jeongguk answered sheepishly.

"Why did you do that? It's late Jeongguk!"

"I know but don't worry. As far as I can remember, there's a nearby hotel at that place and she can take care of herself. Not that I care anyways."

"Gukkie, she's still a girl and Jin hyung's cousin. Why would you just left her there?" Taehyung asked in disbelief.

"I can't stand to be with her let alone see her."

The brunette looked at him confused. "What do you mean? You seem like close friends before.. or maybe more than that." He said, whispering the last part.

"That's why I'm here Tae." Jeongguk gulp before holding both of Taehyung's hand.

"You ask me to be honest with you right? I want to be honest with you right now baby." He said, kissing the back of his hand.

"O-okay." Taehyung gulped nervously.

"But first, I just want to say that no matter what I tell you now, I want you to remember that my feelings for you right from the start are real. I'm so into you. I like you or maybe more than just like.." Jeongguk said sincerely, cupping his face before continuing. "You're the most important person in my life babe." He pulled Taehyung closer, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "Keep that in mind, a'right?"

Taehyung didn't know why he felt scared and nervous all of a sudden, like this talk will never end up good. He hesistantly nodded as he squeezes Jeongguk's hand on his. "I trust you Gukkie."

Jeongguk smiled once more before pulling back. "Thank you for trusting me."

They were engulfed with a moment of silence as they stare at each other's eyes. Jeongguk then took a deep breath before speaking.

"I loved Lisa.. before."

Those were the first words he said but Taehyung already tenses up, feeling his heart ache painfully. He had an idea already, he's not that dumb to notice and feel the tension between them but hearing the truth straight from Jeongguk's mouth sure hurts more.

"It was summer break when I met her. Jin hyung introduced us. I fell inlove with her at first sight. We spend most of our times together. I told her I liked her and well, she liked me too. We were happy and in love. When school starts, me and the hyungs enrolled in Crestmont. Lisa on the other hand enrolled in Westville because Crestmont is an all boys school. There, she met your cousin, Chanyeol."

Jeongguk looked at Taehyung to see his reaction. The brunette seems to get where this is going. He can now slowly put the pieces together.

"And then?" He asked in a small voice, almost scared.

"I don't know how or when the two of them started dating.."
Jeongguk was cut off when Taehyung gasps.

"S-she's- Lisa is- Oh my god." Taehyung exclaimed as tears started to pool on his eyes. He felt his lungs struggling for air, panic and guilt are consuming him.