Chapter 33 - Too good to be true

[A/N]

Hello my boragays! I know it's been awhile. I'm so sorry. I don't really have any valid reason as to why I haven't updated for so long except for my constant writer's block. 😅 To be honest, I don't know where this story is going because I don't have a fixed plot for this, sadly but I don't want to drop and leave it unfinished so I'm asking for your patience not just with the slow story updates but also for the lazy author. 😩 Also, comments and insights are greatly appreciated so please don't hesitate to leave one. It helps me keep motivated and gives me ideas as to what could I write next. 😊 This chapter is not worth the wait, I'm sorry again. 😭

Anygays, I miss you all. 💜

🌸

"Jeongguk, you can sit here." Jimin offered standing up from his seat, catching their attention.

"Minnie.." Taehyung called out hesitantly, shaking his head when Jimin stared down at him.

"We don't want to deal with an alpha Jeongguk again tonight right?" He asked, smiling softly at him. "And we can only make sure that wouldn't happen again if you're by his side." He explained, moving away from his seat. Before Taehyung could even stop him, he's already in his boyfriend's lap.

Taehyung gulped and scooted closer to Jin when Jeongguk made his way to the couch, sitting beside him. His hyung ruffles his hair, comforting before whispering to his ear. "Hey, it's okay baby. Hyung's here." He assures.

They continued eating and drinking after a moment of silence, talking about the randomness things.

Jeongguk props his arm in the couch's armrest, resting his chin on his palm as he shamelessly stare at Taehyung's every little move.

The brunette can't say that he's uncomfortable with the eyes that's been observing him, rather he feels more giddly and flustered.

Hoseok's face is already red from too much laughing at Jin's joke while Yoongi and Jimin had been eating each other's faces for awhile now. Namjoon just looks at them judgingly, enjoying his drink, butting into the conversation from time to time. Lisa's eyes were glued to Jeongguk who never spare a glance at her the entire night they were there.

Taehyung, almost half an hour of gathering up his courage, was finally able to face Jeongguk. But he just can't seem to get the words he wanted to say out of his mouth seeing the adoration and longing in Jeongguk's eyes.

They looked at each other for a moment before Taehyung avoided his gaze, feeling a blush creep up his face for the nth time that night. He cleared his throat, licking his lips nervously before meeting his eyes again.

"S-stop staring." He murmured softly.

"This might be the last time I would be able to look at you like this." Jeongguk replied with so much hurt in his voice catching Taehyung off guard. "I'm losing you." He added quietly.

Taehyung didn't know what to do or what to say so he just settles on scooting closer to Jeongguk as a way of somehow assuring him that it's not happening.

You won't. I don't want to lose you too.

After an hour, Taehyung's back is already resting in Jeongguk's chest, the other's arm wrapped around his waist, pulling him impossibly closer.

Jimin eyed them teasingly but Taehyung is just too flustered to say anything and Jeongguk.. well, he doesn't give a fuck. He's just too happy to hold his baby like that again.

"Maybe it's better if we go home soon." Namjoon suggested, looking at Hoseok who's already passed out in the couch and to his boyfriend who's laughing by himself while sitting in his lap.