Chapter 3

I head inside the lecture hall for my early morning Literature class.

Jada waves me over and I sit in the open seat beside her and we chat before the lecturer gets there.

The two hour session is spent on breaking down Act 1 Scene 2.

Then I'm on my way to another class.

Now I'm walking back to my dorm after I finished all my classes for the day.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell, and when I turned around to see who it was, I regretted it immediately when I realized it was a boy.

"Are you talking to me?" I pointed to myself.

I halted so he could catch up, "I am," he answered.

We started walking side by side, our steps aligned.

"Uh, hi, is there something I can help you with?" I inquired, I took a quick glance at him. "And if that's the case could you please make it quick, I have somewhere to be."

"Could I indulge you in conversation before you go off about your business?" He asked.

I peek at my watch, "Time is going and I really do have to go and get ready for another class," I lied.

He gives me a really look, which means he knows I'm lying.

"You're lying. You don't really have anywhere to be," he stated confidently.

I decided right then to give him a chance, to hear what he has to say.

I smiled, "Okay fine you caught me, where do you want us to talk? We could go to the cafe across from the campus," I suggested.

"No, right here is good I won't take long," he said.

He took off his sunglasses and rested it on the neck of his shirt. Then I'm met with shimmering, honey colored eyes that are golden when the sun hits them. His eyes are so beautiful they render me speechless for a brief moment.

"Do you remember who I am?"

I looked this guy over again, I don't know where I've seen him before but he seems familiar.

"No. Am I supposed to remember who you are?"

I mean I just enrolled here, if I knew this guy then we probably went to high school together.

He ignored my question as he studied my stance. He probably thinks I'm playing.

"Isn't there something you wanted to say to me?" I questioned squinting my eyes at him.

He smiled, "I'm actually here to court you," he said.

My eyebrows raised in surprise, "Court me? I don't do white boys."

"Oh yeah, and why is that? Is it a race thing or you don't find white men attractive?" He asked.

I laughed before replying, "No, it's not that. It's just that I've never linked with a white guy before, so y'all are not really on my dating radar."

"Well I want to change that," he said.

I laughed before folding my arms across my chest.

"Wow, your confidence is on another level. What I'd like to know is who told you I was interested?"

"No one had to. I saw you staring at me at the cafe the other day just as I had been doing to you. I'm a really nice guy, you should get to know me," he insists.