Chapter 17

Alyssa

"Elijah do you think this is funny I can see the smile forming on your lips."

He grins again.

"I'm not playing with you."

"Neither am I, do I look like the kind of man to play games?"

"No."

"So just drink the soup it's good for you."

Unfortunately I was sick and Elijah was trying to get me to drink some chicken noodle soup.

It's not like I didn't appreciate his effort because really I did. But it's just, I hate chicken noodle soup. If it was pumpkin soup, peas soup or any other soup I'd drink it but chicken noodle soup is a hell no.

"The only reason you're sick right now is because the nights are getting chillier and you keep showering in hot water and going out immediately after," he continued.

"Going out with you, maybe you should stop telling me to come on dates with you every minute then."

"This is not my fault it's yours so drink it, if you do the fever will be gone in no time."

"Besides you have your own free will to tell me no you don't want to go out, but here you are acting like I had a gun pointed to your head when I asked."

I peaked at him after that statement, that was such a weird thing for him to say.

I sighed heavily before taking a sip of the soup. Luckily it wasn't so bad, but I hated chicken noodle soup so much because I used to get sick all the time and eat so much of it that I have a mental block towards it.

Just like Jada for example who now has a mental block against noodles since she ate so much ramen everyday of her now college life. But it's her own fault for being lazy and not wanting to cook.

He took my plate from me after I finished and brought it to our little kitchen.

He shivered when he came back and opened the top buttons of his shirt, I even saw beads of sweat on his forehead. This boy is so extra.

"You really need an apartment this dorm room is overly uncomfortable."

"Okay mr. fat pocket, but you do know that you need money to get an apartment right? I ain't got a job, my parents ain't got no money to pay for one and your good girl right here is broke."

"But I'm not broke."

"Do you really want me to start on why I will not accept your money? I'm too sick for this."

"It makes me feel guilty to know I live in some fancy and spacious apartment while you live in this sardine can."

"Well that's social stratification for you right there ain't it? I'm going to bed, can you cuddle me?"

"No, I don't like it," he said.

"Please I'm so cold." Just in time after my sentence I shivered violently. I pouted my best and tried to look like a poor thing.

He hissed his teeth before he started taking off his shoes and rolling up his sleeves. He got under the covers and pulled me closer to him then he wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin in the crook of my neck.

He whispered, "Never again, don't ask me to do this again. I'm only doing this because you're sick."

"Okay."