Chapter 34

Elijah

"I have something to tell you," she said to me as she laid on my chest. It was late in the morning and Alyssa had stayed after she cooked us dinner yesterday.

"What is it?" I looked down at her staring at her with a concerned expression.

"Tell your brother that he needs to be careful with my friend, she's catching on that he has something to hide." My eyebrows furrowed.

"Which one of my brothers?"

"Dante. Jada is not like me, she will expose you guys if she ever finds out." I drew circles on her thigh in a daze before I stopped abruptly and spoke.

"So hold on, they're still fucking?"

"Apparently, it's on and off thing," Alyssa responds.

"That's a first. So you girls talk to each other about your sex life?"

"Of course they do but I don't really say anything since I know you like to keep your life private. Besides my sex life is dry."

I snorted, "And who's fault is that?"

"Mine I know, but the point is just warn Dante."

"Well she better be careful herself because she could get herself in trouble with that mouth."

"What are you saying? Are you gonna kill my friend?" She sat up almost immediately resting on the bed head glaring at me.

"I wouldn't, but there are other people in the underworld Alyssa who would do anything to protect the pride."

She sighed shaking her head, "You guys are such a sick family."

"There's no need to be talking shit about my family, you've already expressed how you felt about us two years ago. Your mother is a pain in the ass but you've never heard me say that until now."

She got up off the bed obviously pissed. Going towards the bathroom, I heard her mumble something in a mocking tone.

I hate when she walks away from me so I followed her to the bathroom and stood at the doorway.

I watched as she picked up her spare toothbrush and smeared it with toothpaste before she began brushing her teeth. She looked up to see me standing at the doorway making her jump so subtly in shock, that if I wasn't paying attention I would've missed it. A smirk crept on my face from this.

She spat out the toothpaste and washed out her mouth.

"What did you just say?"

"I said nothing."

"Do you think I'm deaf to your little asides?"

I stepped forward each time invading her personal space until her back was pressed against the wall. She looked at my hands which trapped her before she looked up into my eyes with a look of annoyance.

"Get out of my way." I smiled briefly.

"You have a lot of mouth yet you can't say anything when you're confronted huh."

She huffed and I couldn't even be mad at her. I tilted her head up and kissed her but she pushed me away by my chest so I stepped away from her and she walked off.

My phone rang and I answered it immediately.

"Rossini."

"Mom is destroying the house, Vincent just told her about Silvio hurry and get here." Santino spoke.

Wondering why he's still talking to me? Well let's just say he realized the type of woman Angelina is. I understand though Santino has always been clueless with women.