Chapter 7

The weekend flew by as quickly as it came and soon I found myself starting another week of the continuous cycle of school.

I spent the weekend doing my numerous amount of assignments since there would be no time for me to do so in the week.

While I'm in class, I wonder about Elijah since the last time I heard from him was Friday.

I left class with a lot on my mind.

Thoughts of Elijah consumed me as I wondered if I would ever see him again.

When I opened the door to my dorm room, I am surprised to see Amanda and Nate on her bed playing cards.

But what surprises me even more is Elijah standing by my window observing everything that's taking place outside.

"Hey everyone," I said which resulted in hi's being voiced among the friends.

Elijah watches me carefully as if he's afraid to say something to me.

We still act jittery towards each other as if we haven't been going out for weeks now.

"Are you okay?" Amanda asked.

"Just a little stressed, I have a major headache whenever I do Shakespeare."

"I could help you," Elijah offers.

"Thanks, but I study better by myself," I reject the offer.

He gave Nate a particular look that suggested that he and Amanda should leave. But it was more demanding than anything.

"Babe, you have class in a couple of minutes, let me walk you there," Nate says to Amanda.

Amanda tosses the cards down on her bed before picking up her bag and sliding on her vans.

"Bye," she said waving to me while Nate nods to Elijah and leaves hand in hand with his girlfriend.

I sat at my desk doing homework for tomorrow completely ignoring Elijah's presence.

I could feel his stare trailing me before finally he walked over to my desk and perched halfway on top of it.

"Are you avoiding me? I haven't heard from you since Friday," he said.

"I'm pretty sure a phone works both ways," I respond.

"Alright, I'll give you that because you do have a point," he admits.

"I know I do."

He sighs deeply, recognizing that I just wasn't in the mood to put up with his antics.

"Hey."

He gains my attention by holding my face up by my chin with his index finger and thumb.

He pulled me up from the chair by my arms.

"What's wrong?" He questioned.

"Nothing." I answered turning my head to the side to avoid his eyes.

"We're going somewhere. You need to get out of this room more often. The lack of space is stifling your thoughts," he voiced.

"I have to-"

"Just stop fighting me. How about you just do something for once without thinking too much about it?"

"I know the game you're playing here Elijah. I'm not a fool, so don't treat me like one."

"Is that why you're so hostile towards me, because you think I'm taking you for a fool? You know I couldn't even if I tried baby." He took my hand.

"I just want to spend as much time with you as possible that's all I ask."

This made my insides liquify and for a moment I felt like he was being honest with me. I was catching feelings, I need to end this and fast.

His eyes lowered to my lips as a silent plea for permission to kiss me. My heart was thumping out of control because I knew what would happen next.

I wanted to stop him, but at the same time I was dying to know what it would be like to kiss him and yearning to know the taste of his lips.

"Can I kiss you?" he questioned inches away from my lips now.

I nodded urging him to proceed with his actions and give me what I ached for.

This view that I had right now, I wouldn't give it up for the world. I could see the flecks of gold in his eyes. We were so close I could count the amount of beauty spots that were on his face.

"Is that a yes?" He asked moving forward on the desk to be closer to me.

"Yes," I answered firmly, and as soon as I uttered the words, my lips were locked with his.

Our lips moved slowly and sensually expressing every pent up emotion between us.

I tip on my toes to wrap my arms around his neck immersing myself in the kiss and the feeling. Elijah's eyes were screwed shut as he breathed heavily through his nose.

His hands traveled from my cheek and down the rest of my body to firmly rest on my hips, then he tugged me forward against him even closer. I was all the way between his thighs now, my knees touching the desk and my outer thighs were touching his inner thighs as he was still perched on the desk.

He squeezed my hips and I reacted by gasping, allowing him entrance to slide his tongue into my mouth and instantaneously causing a moan to slip from my lips. 

His tongue moved almost dangerously along mine, using its art to deliver a message well received.

His lips were so addicting and I found that I could not pull away.

My hands slid down his chest to rest on his stomach, where my nails scratched at the fabric and the taut muscles beneath it.

After I found myself not being able to breathe anymore, I reluctantly removed my lips from his with a plop. I closed my eyes savoring the taste of his lips, then memorizing every detail of the mind blowing kiss.

I opened my eyes back to reality only to see that his dilated pupils were already looking at me, studying me to see what I thought, if there were any signs of regret.

"Wow," he whispered in an airy voice.

I was too shocked to answer as I remembered thinking the same thing as soon as I had pulled my lips away from his. He was too perfect and there had to be something wrong with him.

His eyes flashed with remembrance of what he promised. "Come on let's go before it gets late."

I stepped back a bit giving him his space to retreat from the desk. I picked up my bag from my desk before Elijah held my hand and led me through the door.

_____________________________________________