Chapter 27

This is one big reunion, there are people at every corner of the Rossini property.

Elijah touched the small of my back as he guided me inside his parent's house.

The house smelled divine with the many flavors from the food that the chefs were preparing.

We walked up to his family who were gathered around in the living room idly talking.

"Ma," Elijah greets Isabella and kisses her cheek. "Is the dark lord here yet?"

"He hasn't arrived yet sweetheart. Alyssa, hi, how are you?" She questioned smiling.

"I'm fine and you?"

"Likewise."

I conversed with the rest of the family except his father who still seemed to have a vendetta against me.

Elijah got me a drink from the table and started observing his surroundings as we stood with his family.

I noticed that his father and brothers were also doing the same thing and I drew that it must be because their grandfather is coming.

The man is wanted in America and could be killed right now, if they weren't careful.

Elijah doesn't know but I felt the gun in his waist, it makes me a bit standoffish now since I know that he is always strapped.

I think about what could happen to him all the time and it scares me so much because I care about him so deeply.

I appreciate the fact that Elijah keeps his business secretive and separate from his personal life and so the less I know the better.

I watch the brothers carefully and in this time I realized something intriguing about them.

Santino is the voice of reasoning, Dante is the one who's nonchalant, Franco is the friendly one who is always making jokes and trying to make people feel comfortable and Elijah is the temperamental one, the brooding and observant one, the bossy, the merciless and emotionless one.

"You fuckers couldn't even get me a limo so I could make a grand entrance," a voice from behind grumbled and we all spun around.

"Old man, when did you get here?" Vincent asked.

The man who I presumed to be Vitale who was dressed in a cream suit with a blue under shirt, he left the top buttons open while his feet wore cream Italian loafers.

"I got here, looked at you guys from across the room as I drank my whiskey before I came over to you. You fuckers are a disgrace to the mob, you were looking out for me and I was in plain sight all along."

He lit a cigar and started smoking it as he leaned on his cane.

"Boys," he said before he walked towards the brothers to shake their hands firmly.

"And who is this lovely lady Elijah?"

"This is-" but I cut him off.

"Hi I'm Alyssa-Marie Rowe," I continued then he gently took my hand kissing it tenderly.

Okay old man.

"I like how you introduced yourself to me on your own, and who is she to you Elijah?"

"We're just dating."

Vitale turned to me blatantly scrutinizing me, "She seems like a nice girl, but what I really wanna know is when I'm getting great grandchildren. I wont be alive forever."

"Hell fucking no. You know I hate kids."

"Well you have to have kids as the line of the mafia sons will be cut off."