Chapter 5

"Where do you live? I never really see you around," I said to Elijah as we walked side by side in the park after one of the many dates we've been going on.

After we went out a few days ago, he pestered me to continue seeing him when my schedule allowed it.

"I live at an apartment complex near campus."

"Wow, you can afford to do that? Although the talk around campus is that you're filthy rich, now I believe it."

"Well it's not really me that's paying for it, it's my father's money. My father owns a lot of businesses and my mother she owns a restaurant. With their income, we're super loaded."

"Uh huh," I said thoughtfully.

We fall into silence.

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"I live with my mother since my parents had me pretty young and are now separated. My mother is a nurse and my father is a businessman," I said before we found a good bench on which we could sit.

He's looking at me. I can tell, but I don't want to make eye contact.

"I've never done this with a girl before."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before I look over at him and ask, "What?"

"Just going out with a girl and talking. Normally, if I can't get a girl to sleep with me I move on to the next one." He admits.

Okay... Why is he telling me this?

"And you're saying this because... do you think I'm suddenly gonna feel special because of all you just said? Don't be ridiculous." He smiled after my statement.

"You're different. The girls around here only want me for the hype of sleeping with me and my money."

"Really? Am I supposed to believe that made up sob story which makes you look like the victim, as if you didn't pursue those girls despite their intentions?" I question resulting in a breathy laugh from him.

We sit in comfortable silence watching the people around us interact those who were kissing, some studying, others eating and a few just gathered around in groups talking.

It's been two weeks now since I met Elijah and I can't help but wonder what my uni life would be like if I hadn't met him.

I gradually turn to get a peak at him only to see him already looking at me studying the features of my face.

He quickly blinks away the trance he was in and returns to normal.

"Come on, I should get you back to campus," he says then we both got up from the bench and walked to his car.

He opens my door and waits for me to get in before he goes to the driver's side and hops in.

Watching him reverse right now is one of the best things one could witness.

With his right hand on the back of my seat and his left hand on the steering wheel, his expensive watch on wrists drawing my attention.

I watched how focused he was as he got out the parking space and sped off onto the highway.

He glimpsed me looking at him through his side eye before he smirked.

"Take a picture it'll last longer."

I gave him a look of disbelief, "That was the most cringeworthy thing you've ever said to me."

He shrugged at my comment.

This caused me to laugh.

The rest of the drive was mostly silence, that was until the expensive car halted at the campus gate.

"When can I see you again?" he watched me with a steady gaze that made me nervous.

"I'll let you know whenever I'm free," I answered then I got out of his car and waved before walking to my dorm.

As soon as I walked through the gates he drove off like last time.

~

"Another night out with Elijah," Amanda said as I walked in our room seeing her perched on her bed with her boyfriend Nate.

"Oh, so that's where he's been, taking Alyssa on dates. I can't wait to tease him about this," Nate murmured voice laced with amusement.

"You better not, this a big change from his normal womanizing ways it just shows that he's growing up," Amanda advises him.

"I'm still gonna give him shit about this babe." She sighs before rolling her eyes.

"What did you guys do this time?" She questions while pulling her fingers through Nate's brown locks.

"We went on a bowling date then we talked at the park near campus," I answered.

"Woah, woah, woah, hold up, hold up, Elijah Rossini, did that?" Nate interrogated.

"Yes," I answered furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"Wow, well aren't you a special girl Ms. Alyssa, you deserve an important title after working magic like this."

"Nate, goodbye," Amanda urged.

She planted a kiss on his lips and shoved him out of our dorm.

On the other side of the door I hear him mutter unbelievable, before he lets out an airy laugh and walks off.

"So do you like him now?"

"I suppose, he's smart and just really cool. I feel really comfortable when I'm with him."

"That's great. Do you ever see you and him being in more than just the talking stage?"

"I don't think so he's a really great guy so far, super charming and has the greatest sense of humor, he's exactly my type which is ironic since I thought he wasn't my type. But I'm well aware that Elijah and I don't have the same intentions. I'm just doing this mostly because he won't leave me alone and a small part of me wants to see it through and see how long he'll keep this up for."

"Alyssa, it should always be about what you want, don't let it be that you're going out with him because of his persistence."

"Thanks for the advice."

"No worries. If you're ever not sure about anything in this thing you guys got going, you can always ask me."

"Elijah's playing a game and he thinks he's got me exactly where I need to be but I'm playing his game too. All of these dates, making me feel special, this is all apart of his plan. He's just trying to prove to himself that he can get any girl he wants," I explained.

"Now that you said all of that, you've got me thinking, he's doing quite a lot for pussy."

"I know right, something he can get otherwise easily. Something's not adding up, but the truth will eventually reveal itself."

__________________________________________