Chapter 32

Elijah

I couldn't believe what was happening, my life was completely chaotic at this point in time and I honestly don't know what to do. I was tugging on my hair from not knowing the first place to look for my grandfather.

We arrived in Italy on time but it seemed they were one step ahead of us as they captured him before we got here. Based on how the house looked he didn't go down without a fight.

Why is it that whenever I'm with Alyssa something happens to back track my plans? If I didn't know better I'd say she was working with Mazzani. I know she's not but now that I'm frustrated I can't help but think what if?

After the long day we had, we retired at my uncle's house in Sicily.

~~~

The next morning I pulled out my phone to call the one person I know could make me feel better. It was exactly six am here and according to my calculations it would be twelve a.m in America.

"Hello," she answered groggily and I instantly knew she was asleep.

"Hey baby it's me, I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Oh no it's okay I was waiting for so long for you to call me. Is everything okay?"

"No, but tell me how you are first."

"I'm okay." She chuckled. "I never knew you were such an important factor in my life until I realized how much free time I have without you being here."

"What, you miss me?"

"Yes I really do," she admits with an exhale.

"I... I miss you too," I whispered not wanting my brothers to hear. "What'd you do today, or should I say yesterday?"

"Oh, I actually baked treats with your mother she invited me over."

I sat up straighter when I heard this, "Oh yeah?"

"Mhm, I really wish you were here to taste them, they were so good."

"I really wish I was there too, to taste not only the treats but those sweet lips of yours," I flirted smiling at my teasing.

"Boy you better stop," she laughed. 

"So what's happening? When will you be home?" She questioned.

"I'm not sure yet. I have a lot of things going on right now, Vitale is missing."

"WHAT? Oh my gosh, so what are you guys going to do?"

"I can't tell you, the less you know the better," he cuts that idea off quickly.

"And why is that?"

"Because, if there is one set of people who have an exception from the wrath of the mafia, it's women. They know we don't tell the women anything that's why they remain untouched."

"Okay fine, but how are you feeling Elijah?
honestly."

"I feel dismantled, out of control like I don't know what the fuck I'm doing." I sighed.