Chapter 23

I woke up to see the balcony's door opened and Elijah standing out there in his sweatpants only.

I watched as he took a long drag of the spliff while he stared at the beauty of the scenery. I swung my legs over to the edge before hopping off the bed and going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I sauntered up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso before kissing his back.

"Good morning," I greeted.

He blew out another puff before he turned around to face me.

"Good morning," he answered looking down at me while I stared up into his champagne colored eyes.

I gripped his tattooed biceps before I rose on my toes and angled my head for a kiss. The kiss is slow and mellow like Elijah's mood.

He blew the smoke into my mouth and I kept it in before exhaling. He smiled clearly impressed.

"Don't look at me like that," I said and his smile widens.

"How's the vacation been for you?" He questioned.

"It's really wonderful here I wish I didn't have to go back to school."

"Likewise."

Our vacation ends today. We're leaving so that we can get back to New York in time for church on Sunday.

"It's a shame we have to leave today," he continued.

I nodded in agreement.

"Go finish packing we're leaving soon."

~

Before I can blink, Elijah and I were off the jet and already in New York. We waited at the private section of the airport for Elijah's driver to come pick us up.

In a few minutes, we had arrived in Manhattan.

Elijah's letting me stay with him before going back to my dorm at school.

We're going to Santino's club tonight with the rest of his brothers, Amanda and Nate.

I asked if Jada could come along and when he agreed, I called her and told her to meet us at his apartment.

I brush my now straightened hair once more before putting down the brush, then I reapply my lipgloss before putting it back in my clutch.

I am dressed in a mid thigh, lavender, spaghetti strap dress while my feet are adorned with gladiator silver heels.

I'm a reserved clothing wearing type of girl. But with Jada's help, I've managed to pick out a smoking outfit.

"You look good," Jada admits after she finishes with me, circling around me to get the 360 view.

"Thank you, you do too, red is definitely your color."

She looks absolutely marvelous in the strapless red dress with the gold earrings and red lipstick.

"You should try wearing lipstick sometime, pink would look great on your skin."

After our conversation and finishing touches to our looks, we go to the living room where Elijah is patiently waiting on us.

He is sat on the couch on his phone in his normal formal everyday attire and his wrist is adorned by a gold patek.

As soon as he notices our presence he eyes me appreciatively before he gets up from the couch and grabs a specific car key from the basket. When Jada walks ahead of us he leans over to whisper in my ear.