Chapter 25- Part Two

Alyssa - A year later

I can't believe that the months passed so quick already.

Today is my twentieth birthday. I'm a year older, more gorgeous and wiser.

My friends are taking me to sin city, Las Vegas, for the celebration.

Speaking of friends, Jada and Amanda are still my favorite girls. Overtime, I grew even closer to them after the break up with Elijah.

I haven't seen him since he graduated from NYU and I guess it's for the best.

We crossed paths occasionally during the rest of his tenure sometimes I think intentionally on his part. My heart ached whenever I thought about the possibilities of what could have been.

If I continued the relationship with Elijah, then I would be going against everything I believed in, which I couldn't do no matter how much I care about him.

I believe in what's ethical, and whatever Elijah's involved in is not. I like to stay on the good side of things because that's how I was raised.

It was through our break up that I found out that I loved him.

I couldn't bounce back as fast as I did after I broke up with Brandon. It's taken me six months to get over him.

The truth is I don't think I'll ever get over Elijah, but I'm trying my best to forget.

I haven't heard from him nor seen him in so long, but from what little gossip Amanda tells me, I gather that he's still a "business man" and Nate says he now has a drug problem.

Jada brushed for the final time some bronzer over my cheeks.

I've never done a full face of makeup before but today I do and I look absolutely stunning.

My friends and I saved up so much money so we could go on this trip to Las Vegas to the most exotic nightclub in the city called Monochrome.

My champagne colored dress that's sleeveless and has a plunging neckline stops at mid thigh and is complemented by the gold heels my feet adorn as well as the gold jewelry I wore.

My mouth dropped in awe at the impressive designs and decorations that embellished every inch of this club.

This place is for the rich.

There's business men in suits at every corner and even some casually dressed but you could tell they were wealthy.

We sat around the counter trying to speak above the loud music so the bartender could hear our orders.

The first thing we got for the night was gummy shots.

"Cheers to twenty!" Jada shouted.

"Cheers!" we all shouted and then I'm downing the strong alcoholic beverage.

The gummy shots are bitter as shit and I immediately drink the bottle of water I had gotten as well.

Why do people like doing this shit again?

"Who's birthday is it?" the unknown guy asked. He's Amanda's friend who she's been talking to since we got here.