Chapter 14

The next day Elijah picked me up from campus so that we could spend time together at his apartment.

Before we got to his house we made a quick stop at the grocery store. I picked up enough things to fill up his apartment for two weeks.

I picked up from prior conversation with him that he doesn't go shopping a lot.

When we checked out, I couldn't believe the amount of money he just paid for food.

Elijah thought nothing of it since the amount it cost was what a rich man like him would call chum change.

I helped him stock the fridge and cupboards with the just purchased items.

I remember my splendid idea that I had for this afternoon.

"Is it okay if I made you lunch?" I asked him.

"Sure what will you make?"

"I'm going to make something you've never had before."

"Do you have the ingredients?"

"Yeah. I picked them up while at the supermarket, I thought this all out beforehand."

"Alright fine, the kitchen is all yours." He gestured to the kitchen.

I placed all the ingredients on the counter and took the meat out for cleaning and seasoning.

He leaned on the counter watching me intently while chewing on a carrot.

My movements were jittery as I felt his eyes watching my every move.

"What is it? I can't function with you looking at me like that Elijah."

"Why are you so self conscious? You're beautiful, you know that right?"

"Well thank you, but that still doesn't make me feel better with you watching me."

His mouth lifted into a smirk before he took quick strides to come closer to me and wrap his arms around my waist. He kissed me shoulder and caressed my waist.

"Alright I'll go watch some tv."

"How much more longer babe? I'm so damn hungry." He whined.

"Just an hour and a half more eat some cookies while you wait."

"I would rather wait than eat that sugary shit," he muttered in my neck before he kissed the sensitive skin there and walked out of the kitchen.

I plated Elijah and I's food and poured two glasses of lemonade.

I watched Elijah in suspense wondering what he would think about this dish.

"Mhm, this is really good. It hits different from Italian food."

"Yup, oxtail and rice and peas is top tier food where I'm from."

~

After we had lunch, we sat on the couch in his apartment's living room watching the fresh prince of bel air.