Chapter 21

Alyssa's family took Christmas very serious.

Her family had a schedule for how the day would go and the first thing on the agenda is opening gifts at six in the morning.

Alyssa beamed with happiness as I watched her help her brother and sister open their gifts all while dressed in the jolliest pajamas I've ever seen.

I knew she loved Christmas but obviously the extent to which I thought doesn't even compare to this.

Believing I've watched enough, I decided to step down the stairs to let her see that I'm awake.

She spotted me as soon as I entered and she got up from the area she was sitting and came to me. 

"Good morning," she greeted and she couldn't hide the smile on her face even if she wanted to.

I nearly laughed from how ridiculously happy she looked but at the same time I was pleased to know that something could make her this happy.

I looked behind her to see that her family was watching our interaction, so me being the person I am continued to act detached from my emotions since I didn't like to show them much around others.

"Come on let's go upstairs I know how shy you become around new people."

"I'm not shy," I retorted as I followed her up the stairs staying back a bit so I could get a good look at her ass.

We came upon the door to her room and she took my hand and led us inside.

As soon as I closed the door behind me she jumped on me and threw her arms around my neck.

"Merry Christmas Elijah."

I gave her a short but sweet kiss, "Merry Christmas. I think I underestimated just how much you love Christmas you're so happy right now that I wish Christmas was an everyday thing."

"Aww, that's one of the nicest things you've ever said and they're rare. I love Christmas so much. It's the one time of the year where I get both my mom and dad together, that hasn't happened since I was a kid."

She loves her family so much. I love that about her.

"I got you something," I said.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "Really? I'm sorry I didn't even think to get you anything."

"And that's okay. I have all I need right here."

"Come to my room and I'll show you." I opened the door and walked out immediately after stating that.

I opened up my duffel bag and took out the present wrapped in gold paper with a green and red bow on top.

"Okay, is this wrapping a foreshadowing to what's inside? Maybe something gold?"

"Open and see for yourself," I told her.

"It's nothing fancy, I know you don't like expensive gift," I continued.

"Let me be the judge of that."

She carefully tore the wrapper off before she pulled out the velvet box. She looked at the box then she looked up at me curiously.