Chapter 22

Alyssa

Elijah got me from my mother's house today, two days before New Year's day.

He left our place immediately after Christmas which is for the best since he and my mother didn't see eye to eye.

We are currently on our way to the airport in his dark, matte, royal blue, Porsche Baxter.

We're flying to Santorini, Greece for that vacation we talked about.

He drives like a race car driver, swiveling in and out of traffic and with the extra boosts that these high performance cars have, every time I get in the car with him I fear for my life.

"Would you please slow down Elijah. I'm only eighteen and I'm not ready to die."

"Baby, I've been driving like this for years and I've never been in an accident before, so stop worrying," he reassures me as he overtakes a guy to align his car into that lane.

"If you say so." I pause for a minute thinking of something that just came to my mind.

"How come all of your brothers have Italian first names and you don't?"

He glanced at me then back to the road, "Because Vincent named me in honor of his past consigliere slash best friend who was very influential in my survival."

"Oh. It was kinda weird that you didn't match in."

"You find everything weird," he retorts and I slap him playfully.

He smiles and then the car falls into a comfortable silence and I don't say a thing because I know he loves to drive this way.

~~~

I was awestruck when I saw the luxurious jet waiting for us.

"This is yours?" I questioned.

"Yup all mine."

"You bought this with your own money?"

"Hell no. I bought this with my family's money that was passed down to me, it's called generational wealth."

"Good for you."

I hated flying, and this reminded me of that. It was terrifying in its size yet beautiful quite a contrast.

"I'm scared Elijah, I haven't travelled in years."

"Everything will be fine, just relax," he said trying his best to comfort me.

~~~

We finally land in Greece after a long flight of me getting sick.

"I'm sorry for getting sick so many times on your jet."

"It's okay," he responds, then he takes my hand in his and entwines our fingers.

I look down at our hands together and smile before I look up at him as we are being driven to the hotel we are going to stay.