Chapter 8

I smiled for the third time in one day. I couldn't help it, I was smiling the whole day remembering the kiss Elijah and I shared.

I was also in high spirits because after my only class today, we were going to meet up.

He arrived at my dorm room minutes to twelve to fetch me. I was dressed in a floral summer dress with white Adidas sneakers.

I opened my room door to see Elijah standing there, I was so fascinated by how he could look so good wearing a simple attire such as a white T-shirt and jeans with his favourite pair of shades.

He radiates confidence and his intimidating presence sucks the air out of the room as he enters and looks around cautiously.

"Are you ready to go?" He questions.

"Yeah I just need to find the purse that matches this," I answered as I opened a drawer with just purses and bags.

I pick the bag out and pack it with all my essentials then we both left the room.

We drove to the park with the windows down blowing my curls in all directions.

We found a spot that was secluded and a tall tree shaded us.

I spread the big blanket on the grass whilst Elijah put down the basket that contained in our food.

"Don't you like have classes today?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I can skip a day to spend time with you."

"Elijah, there are so many girls out there who want to screw you, why waste your time on me?"

"This again? I don't care about the other girls who want to screw me, my sole attention is on you. You intrigue me for some weird reason and I'm trying to find out why."

He looked at me thoughtfully for a bit before opening the basket.

"I got us my favourite dishes from my mom's restaurant here in New York."

He spreads everything out on the blanket then he motions for me to sit.

"This is a seafood casserole, garlic bread, Caesarean salad and sparkling wine since you can't drink," he teased me and I scrunched my face in annoyance.

Everything looks so expensive even the sparkling wine.

"This is the most expensive picnic I've ever seen."

"About two thousand dollars to be precise."

My mouth widened in shock, "No way. I could cook all of that at my house and it would cost less."

"Yeah definitely, but it's not about the meal, it's about the experience and service you get when eating," he explained.

"Spoken like a true business man," I teased him.

He handed me a paper plate packed with food then he pulled out some plastic wine glasses to pour our sparkling wine in.

I couldn't stop the laugh that burst through my lips.

"Are you serious?" I ask. "So this is what a rich picnic is like?"

"Stop laughing and eat."

He watched me as I took the first bite of the casserole.

I hummed unexpectedly from how good it tasted.

"It's good," I moaned and he grins.

"I might actually have to go to this restaurant, now that I've seen what it has to offer," I continued.

"We can go in November. It's the anniversary of the opening of the New York location. They make all their special dishes on that day and the food will be on the house seeing as the owner is my mother."

"Really? That's great. But there's a battle in my mind right now in deciding whether or not I should accept your offer."

"I noticed," he voiced, causing me to smile then we continued eating in comfortable silence.

After we finished eating, he laid his head on my lap and listened while I read a book I had just bought.

He seems so at ease as his chest rises and falls with tranquility.

While I read each line he would just stare at me in what I would decipher as awe but I could be wrong after all it's Elijah we're talking about and he was hard to read.

"Can I kiss you again?" He asked out of nowhere interrupting my reading.

I paused for a while before answering, "Yes." He grinned before his lips collided with mine.

He took me back to the dorms after our four hours of peace. He pecked my lips this time without asking me then he left.

Elijah

"Look who's finally back," Nate said as I stumble into my apartment after my outing with Alyssa.

"You really need to stop stringing along Amanda's friend she's not your puppet," he continued, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not stringing her along. I like spending time with her. There's just something about her that makes me feel at ease."

"Oh yeah? Please enlighten me with more of your bullshit."

"Do not question me, I will blow your fucking head off. Besides, it's not bullshit, I think she's the one."

"The One?" He asks before a laugh tears from his mouth.

"What the fuck? Does she actually listen to you talk shit like that?"

I didn't like he was laughing and talking I was starting to get angry.

"Please watch how you're fucking talking to me, I'm in a bad mood. I'm going to talk and you're going to listen." I demanded.

He squinted his eyes at me examining how serious I was. When he saw the look on my face he nodded in understanding.

"I wanted to talk to her for a few weeks to see if I'd get tired of her, but it's not happening. Instead I just wanna spend all my free time with her. What we have right now is even more satisfying than the prospect of us having sex," I explain.

"Really, you don't say," he answers grinning his face off.

"You're taking this for a joke Nathaniel, when I'm dead serious."

"Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you like her?"

"Yeah of course it has or maybe I just love this chasing shit that she has me doing. That's why my main goal right now is to have sex with her. Hopefully, I can get her out of my head after it's all done. That's what I wanted in the first place and if I'm still not satisfied after that, then I don't know. "

"Look man, I don't think she's the type of girl you should mess with like that. She's so eloquent and different from the normal trash you fuck."

"Do you know that she's never had sex before and that she's only ever had one boyfriend in her whole life?"

"And how do you know that?" I ask.

"I was walking to their room the other day and they were talking so loud anyone could've heard them and it so happened that that someone was me. You really want to take her virginity for your experiment?"

I sighed deeply thinking. I removed the gun from my waist and rested it on my side table. Literally and figuratively removing the weight from me.

"I have to. This is the only way for me to know."

"No it's not but do your thing, she's smart shes is not gonna have sex with you and if she does she has a plan for you ass trust me."

He patted me on the shoulder before he said, "You've been so caught up with your girl that you've been neglecting your duties. Remember to stop by tonight, there's a shipment coming in that you have to oversee."

He slapped my shoulder again and walked out leaving me to myself to think.

_________________________________________