Chapter 28

Elijah

I'm on my way home after being out of town for two weeks after spending time with Vitale before his departure back to Italy.

I tapped my finger on the steering wheel to the classical music playing in my car, as my mind was now at ease.

My phone blared above the music as it rang, tingling my suspicion that something was wrong.

"Rossini," I answered.

"Boss I know you're out of town but your girlfriend was almost kidnapped a while ago. We have the two guys here who attempted the act. How fast can you get here?"

I stepped on my brakes so hard that there was a loud screech of my tires on the asphalt.

"Are you fucking kidding me. Where are you?"

"We're a couple minutes away from your old apartment."

"I was already on my way back. I can get there in twenty minutes. Meet me at the warehouse."

I hung up before I could get a response.

I process what I was just told before angrily banging the steering wheel thrice.

I made an illegal turn on the road, taking a shortcut to get to the warehouse.

I was pressing on the gas so hard, that my Ferrari appeared to be flying down the street.

I phone my brothers to let them know what's going on. I got all except Dante. 

I tried him three more times before he picked up.

"I've been calling you for a while now, what the fuck are you doing?"

"What do you want?" He asked irritatedly into the phone while breathing hard.

"Get your fucking whoring ass up and meet Santino at the warehouse immediately."

"I can't even get my dick wet anymore without interruptions."

I hung up throwing my phone on the dashboard as I pulled to a stop outside the warehouse to already see Luca and Antonio parked up waiting.

I jumped out of my car and walked over to their's.

Antonio jumped out bringing her to me in his arms.

She looked so frail.

"My brothers are on their way, they'll deal with the men for me I need to get her out of here."

He nodded in understanding before going back to report to Luca after I took her from him.

I placed her in my car, then I put her seatbelt on. 

~

I laid her on my bed before I took her out of the clothes she was in earlier today and dressed her into one of  my T-shirts. 

I brushed the kinky curls from her forehead before kissing it.

I got the smelling salts and put it under her nose, her eyes sprung open and she began coughing.