Chapter 18

By morning the next day, I called my mother to ask her if Elijah could come to the house for Christmas.

"Hey, baby girl."

"Hi mom, how are you?"

"I'm fine sweet girl. I hope you're taking care of yourself."

"Yes ma," I sighed and she chuckled.

"So what is it now as to why you're calling me so early in the morning?"

"As you know, I'm coming home for Christmas in a couple of days. Is it okay if my boyfriend came along? I would like to introduce him to you."

"Yes, that would be great, I simply cannot wait. Your father  and his family will be joining us as well for dinner."

"So I guess everyone is coming to your house for Christmas?"

"Unfortunately, yes. Your father actually came up with the idea. He kept saying that he did not want to spend Christmas without you."

"I am so happy right now."

"I just wanted to be with you this Christmas. Alex always has you for every holiday."

"Ma you see me more than he does, he wants the same courtesy," I spoke truthfully.

"I don't care, he's got two other kids to occupy his time. Your father always tries to spite me especially because he knows that you like him better."

"Mommy, please. I love both of you with my entire heart."

"Whateva," she said and I could sense the eye roll which was her favorite thing in the world.

I sighed deeply shaking my head, "Mom, I have to go to class soon I hope you have a great day at work."

"Okay baby and I hope you have a great day. Stay safe, I'm praying for you, love you."

"I love you too mommy," I said between chuckles.

I laughed and shook my head even more when my mother made that kissy sound through the phone.

After she was satisfied enough she hung up.

Wow, this dinner is going to be a disaster, my father and mother in one place was bound to be a disaster waiting to happen and Elijah was going to witness it.

All the better, at least he'll know what he's getting himself into if we're aiming for the long run.

But I appreciate their efforts for me even though they know they don't get along. That was my father for you, he always found a solution.

My parents had made a pact that I would always spend the holidays with my father, however, he's trying to make things work so I can see both of them for the holidays.

I loved that they were putting their differences aside for me.

Having separated parents is hard.

I picked up the books that I needed from my desk and after spraying some perfume on me, I make my way to class.

~

After class I met with Elijah at the coffee shop in town.

"Guess what? my mother said you could come for dinner. She was a bit excited by the fact that I have a boyfriend so don't be creeped out if she asks too many questions."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Now, would you shut up? You didn't even greet me with a kiss you just started to talk off my ears with your big mouth."

"Shut up, you love this big mouth, big head."

"You love this big head between your thighs," he says.